The Howling Oak (quest)
This quest ends the Battle for Gilneas City quest chain, and begins the Breaking Waves of Change chain.
So this is it... our new home. I'm not sure if I'll ever feel like I truly have a home again.
We musn't be unappreciative of what the night elves have offered us though. Their race is not one to throw out idle welcomes to just anyone. It is a true testament to faith and generosity that they've taken us in.
Gwen and Greymane are in the city proper at the Howling Oak. You should stop by. Take the portal beneath the tree north of us, then seek out the Howling Oak in the northern portion of the city.
This oak was grown through the aid of the druids from a seed taken back on Gilneas. It stands for all that we've endured, and all that we've accomplished.
May it serve to remind us that our curse is also our blessing.
This is the first quest worgen have in the open world, but it is available to all from Krennan down at Rut'theran Village outside Darnassus. The portal spoken of is the pink area underneath the nearby tree.
Head in the city and go to its northern end to find the new "worgen district". Turn in the quest, and Tyrande and Malfurion drop in!
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Good evening.
- Gwen Armstead says: Priestess Tyrande! We did not expect you. Good evening.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: I hope my people have been welcoming to you. These are burdened times, so I fear much may be competing with their good graces.
- Genn Greymane says: Not at all, priestess. We are very grateful for all that you've offered us here.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: When we spoke previously, you offered to repay the favor. I may have to act on that sooner than I would have liked.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: There is trouble at Lor'danel, a village of ours across the waters from Rut'theran.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: If any of your people can be spared, I fear war encroaching upon us in Kalimdor.
- Genn Greymane says: I know the perfect people for such a task. I will send them immediately, priestess.
- Malfurion Stormrage says: Thank you, Genn. I am glad to see such poise and composure from your people. Perhaps your curse does not define you afterall.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: We will take our leave. Again, welcome to all of you.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.