The Invasion Begins
|This article is a quest stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
98 (Requires 98)
Slay 15 demons and change the Legion banner to take control of Despair Ridge.
- Demons slain x15
- Change the Legion banner
Our advance force of demon hunters is here and has engaged the Legion.
Make our presence known. Let's send a shiver down every demon spine. Raise our colors with pride, <name>.
That ought to get their attention.
Now onto the business of summoning in the rest of our forces.
- 37,000 XP
Upon entering the game with a newly-created demon hunter, a short cinematic plays, the introduction to the starting experience:
- Outland: Years Ago
- Illidan Stormrage stands at the summit of the Black Temple with his demon hunters, seen through the "eyes" of the player character.
- Illidan Stormrage: Illidari. My demon hunters. With countless burning in the Legion's wake, you answered the call.
- Darkening with demonic power, Illidan flies to the edge, overlooking the Hand of Gul'dan, looking down at the naaru-led Sha'tar army at the gates.
- Illidan Stormrage: Yet these mortals, in their... ignorance... have come to destroy their own salvation.
- Illidan turns back to his followers.
- Illidan Stormrage: Our time is short. I will deal with these intruders. You must venture to Mardum and retrieve the .
- Illidan opens a fel portal, leading to Mardum.
- Illidan Stormrage: Now go. But remember, should you fail, all worlds will burn.
- The player demon hunter follows the others through the portal.
After the cinematic, Illidan speaks to the player through unknown means:
- Illidan Stormrage says: Sargeras' keystone is the crux of my plan to defeat the Burning Legion.
- Illidan Stormrage says: It is also your only way back. Find it and return to the Black Temple.
On accepting the quest:
- Kayn Sunfury says: You heard Lord Illidan. Let's find that keystone.
- Kayn Sunfury says: With it, we'll be able to invade any Legion world, even Argus.
- Kor'vas Bloodthorn yells: Kill them all!
Nearly every mob in the area is no tap, so help out in the mass-killing. There are five types of mobs in the quest area that are eligible for the quest: Foul Felstalker, Hellish Imp, Imp Mother, Mo'arg Brute, and Wrath Warrior.
After reaching the quota, look for a ghostly banner on top of the ridge and interact with it to plant it:
- A short cutscene plays, showing the other Illidari joining the player at the banner point.
- Kayn Sunfury says: Cyana, Jace, Allari... find the keystone.
- Kayn Sunfury says: Now, let's see about activating that gateway.
While fighting, the named friendly NPCs start making their appearance known:
- Kayn Sunfury says: Lord Illidan places a lot of faith in you.
- Kayn Sunfury says: I have some ideas for how to proceed.
- Kayn Sunfury says: My gut tells me the keystone's up in that volcano.
- Kayn Sunfury says: You know, I should be in command.
- Jace Darkweaver says: I'll scout forward after this and find the keystone.
- Jace Darkweaver says: We should gather intel on their leaders.
- Jace Darkweaver says: We must find the .
- Sevis Brightflame says: You'll be the one dying today, demon!
- Sevis Brightflame says: I've been looking forward to this for a long time.
- Sevis Brightflame says: For Lord Illidan! For the Illidari!
- Sevis Brightflame says: You and me to the very end, <name>.
- Allari the Souleater says: We should capture and interrogate some of these demons.
- Allari the Souleater says: My scythe will compel them.
- Allari the Souleater says: Where is the keystone, demon?
- Allari the Souleater says: The Scythe of Souls will cut you down!
- Kor'vas Bloodthorn says: Racking up the kills.
- Kor'vas Bloodthorn says: Having fun? I am!
- Kor'vas Bloodthorn says: What's next, <name>?
- Kor'vas Bloodthorn says: Just point me in the right direction.
- Cyana Nightglaive says: Lord Illidan chose you to lead. I follow.
- Cyana Nightglaive says: Did we bring enough of us?
- Cyana Nightglaive says: The fel energy is everywhere. It's hard to resist.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.