The King's Command (beta)
|The subject of this article or section did not make it out of the beta stages of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria.
86 (Requires 85)
- Stormwind Keep visited
I have been asked to assemble a team for a high priority mission.
Please come to Stormwind Keep immediately for a briefing with King Varian Wrynn. I will be waiting in the King's war room.
(Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth: "This is a matter of utmost urgency...and secrecy.")
You will receive:
Unfortunately, we have little time to waste.
The planes are ready, so make your last preparations.
This quest is offered automatically the instant players enter Stormwind City territory.
A cutscene plays on entering the keep:
- The adventurer walks in the war room as Varian Wrynn, Rell Nightwind, and Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth are standing around a table.
- Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth: We have swept the wreckage for days, Your Majesty. There is no sign of Admiral Taylor or his ships.
- King Varian Wrynn: Five hundred ships at my disposal, yet the one that holds the key to the kingdom is missing. How can this be?
- In a fit of rage, Wrynn knocks the ships off the table.
- King Varian Wrynn: Nightwind, have you pieced together that last transmission yet? Play me whatever you have!
- Nightwind does something and the playback starts. An image of Taylor can be seen on the table giving his report.
- Admiral Taylor: ...west of the planned rendezvous...Horde airfleet...[gunfire]...casualties!
- Admiral Taylor: ...Thick fog bank to provide cover...retreat...uncharted land...
- Admiral Taylor: ...hostile creatures. But the White Pawn is accounted for. Repeat: the White Pawn is safe.
- King Varian Wrynn: Did you hear? They're safe somewhere!
- Admiral Taylor: ...[Sounds of swords clashing]...immediate danger! Requesting rescue, requesting --
- Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth: Sir, we can have the entirety of the seventh fleet on the scene within the month--
- King Varian Wrynn: No time! We'll send a small team immediately. An elite force. Rescue the survivors, AND their precious cargo!
- Wrynn turns to the adventurer.
- Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth: You, meet up with Commander Nightwind at the harbor, immediately.
- The adventurer and Jes-Tereth bow and exit the room as the camera pulls in to Wrynn.
- King Varian Wrynn: Once the White Pawn is recovered, the full might of our navy can engage the Horde. On OUR terms.
When the cutscene is complete, the adventurer will be standing in front of Rell Nightwind on a dock in the Stormwind Harbor. A few seaplanes are at the ready to Nightwind's right.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.