- For the achievement, see The Kingslayer.
The Kingslayers, [Anguish] and [Sorrow], are the artifacts used by assassination rogues in World of Warcraft: Legion.
The Kingslayers are obtained from [98 - 110] The Unseen Blade.
- The orc warlock Gul'dan had these daggers made for his personal assassin, Garona. The blades are said to drink blood and inflict traceless poison, leaving little sign of their grim work: the perfect tools for an assassin. She used them to carry out countless atrocities while under Gul'dan's control, including the murder of Stormwind's King Llane, whom she had befriended. Afterwards, in anguish, she asked a trusted ally, Meryl Winterstorm, to help her hide the blades away in the hope that they'd never have to be used again.
Hidden trait: Sometimes triggers a dialogue with repair vendor in Valdisdall in Stormheim that gives you 50 Artifact Power.
Achievement: [Fighting with Style: Classic]
Upgraded: Cursed Hand
Achievement: [Fighting with Style: Upgraded]
Achievement: [Fighting with Style: Valorous]
War-torn: Magekiller's Edge
Achievement: [Fighting with Style: War-torn]/ [Fighting with Style: War-torn]
Achievement: [Fighting with Style: Challenging]
|Complete the God-Queen Challenge questline
||Defeat Heroic Kiljaeden after unlocking a Challenge artifact appearance
||Win 10 rated battlegrounds after unlocking a Challenge artifact appearance
||Defeat all Legion dungeon bosses after unlocking a challenge artifact appearance
Achievement: [Fighting with Style: Hidden]
|Acquire [The Cypher of Broken Bone]
||Complete 30 Legion dungeons after unlocking a Hidden artifact appearance
||Complete 200 World Quests after unlocking a Hidden artifact appearance
||Kill 1,000 enemy players after unlocking a Hidden artifact appearance
See Blood Ledger
Garona stabbing Llane with the Kingslayers, as seen during the Yogg-Saron encounter in Ulduar.
- Before Legion it was a common speculation that [Kingsbane] was the weapon that killed King Llane.
- It is unlikely that Garona used these daggers during the events of Warlords of Draenor, as Blackhand was never an ally of Gul'dan and thus is unlikely to have crafted anything for him.
- After their introduction, the Kingslayers were added to Garona's cameo in Ulduar during the fight against Yogg-Saron.
- If Khadgar is approached with the Kingslayers equipped, he will react by saying one of several things:
- I recognize those blades of yours, <name>. They cut the throat of my King and my friend. Please... put them away in these chambers.
- Are those indeed Garona's old daggers? I saw her tear apart a demon in the Karazhan library once with those very blades. If I had only known what was to come...
- Rogue. Those daggers you wield... the very same that killed Llane Wrynn in cold blood. The sight of them takes me to a dark place.
- Mr. Shackle comments on the weapons.