The Kraken is an Alliance icebreaker that took part in the Northrend campaign, and frequently runs between the port at Valiance Keep and Stormwind Harbor's northernmost dock. It's design, as with that of all icebreaker destroyers, is specialized for the harsh climate of the frigid continent of Northrend.
Throughout the war against the Undead Scourge, the Kraken provided constant transport to and from the base of the Valiance Expedition in the Borean Tundra, and so helped maintain a vital connection between the expeditionary forces and Alliance home territories.
- Captain Constance
- First Mate Fitzgerald
- Navigator Meyer
- Sailor Dawning
- Sailor Phillips
- Sailor Picardo
- Valiance Keep to Stormwind Harbor: 1 minute
- Stormwind Harbor to Valiance Keep: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Dock time: 1 minute
- Round trip: 4 minutes 30 seconds
Notes and trivia
- The Northspear services a similar route to the opposite side of Northrend, running from Menethil Harbor in the Wetlands to the port of Valgarde in Howling Fjord.
- When has been accepted, the player is put in a different phase of Stormwind Harbor, and the Kraken does not appear. If you need to board the ship, the quest must be either completed or abandoned.
- Earlier in the Wrath of the Lich King beta, the ship was called the Sword of Wrynn instead. Strings refer to it as Stormwind's Pride.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.