The Last Guardian (WC3 NightElf)
(Redirected from The Last Guardian (interlude))
- For other uses, see Last Guardian (disambiguation).
Two days later, in a tranquil glade of Mount Hyjal...
- Tyrande and Furion wait in a glade while a raven flies overhead.
- Tyrande Whisperwind: We have no time for this, Furion! What are we doing out here?
- Furion Stormrage: Last night in a dream, a great raven spoke to me and summoned me to this place.
- Thrall and Jaina arrive in the glade.
- Thrall: We were summoned here as well.
- Furion Stormrage: Who are you, outlanders?
- Thrall: I am Thrall, son of Durotan, Warchief of the Horde.
- Jaina Proudmoore: And I am Jaina Proudmoore, leader of the human survivors of Lordaeron.
- Tyrande Whisperwind: You are not welcome here!
- The raven lands and transforms into the Prophet.
- The Prophet: Peace, Priestess. They've come to aid you against the Legion.
- Furion Stormrage: It was you in my dream! But who are you to make such an offer to us?
- The Prophet: I... am the reason for the Legion's return.
- The Prophet: Years ago, I brought the orcs into this world, and by doing so, I opened a path for the demons as well.
- The Prophet: For my sins, I was murdered by those who I cared for most.
- The Prophet: Despite my death, war raged across the lands of the east for many long years, leaving entire kingdoms devastated in its wake.
- The Prophet: Now, at long last, I have returned to set things right. I... am Medivh, the Last Guardian. I tell you now, the only chance for this world is for you to unite in arms against the enemies of all who live!
- In the Reforged version of the interlude, Medivh is shown being killed by knight Anduin Lothar and mage Khadgar instead of shown as just being killed by footmen.