The Left Piece of Lord Valthalak's Amulet (Lower Blackrock Spire)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a.
60 (Requires 58)
- Mor Grayhoof slain
My friend, Mor Grayhoof, was the first to fall victim to possession of a piece of Lord Valthalak's amulet, and the corrupting spirit fragment that it contains. After stealing Valthalak's spellbook and amulet, we fled for our lives from the upper portion of Blackrock Spire. Along the way, Mor fell into the lower portion of the spire.
Later, we discovered that he survived the fall, only to be captured and tortured by War Master Voone. A few spectral assassins snuck in and slew him right in front of Voone.
Then it is done? You have retrieved the Left Piece of Lord Valthalak's Amulet and finally put to rest the spirit of my old companion, Mor Grayhoof?
You have done a great thing, <name>. One spirit rests in peace, but there is still much work to be done before we can put all of this behind us.
Unfortunately, I do not know the location of the one who died with the right piece of the amulet in their possession. But do not fear; in life I was a dabbler in the art of divination, so I have another task for you, which is going to enable us to ferret out the final piece.
Upon completion of this quest you will gain:
- 11900 XP (or a 72 compensation at level 80)
- This is the fourth step in the quest chain to upgrade your Dungeon Set 1 Helm and Chestpiece into Dungeon Set 2.
- You will need to fight your way to the chamber of War Master Voone in Lower Blackrock Spire and use the brazier. That will summon Mor Grayhoof.
- Mor Grayhoof is a druid who will shift to bear and cat form during the fight. He also uses an AoE Moonfire spell, a Hurricane spell, and healing spells.
- When he starts to heal himself, you need to interrupt the spell quickly or hit him with a to lessen the healing power.
- Can still be summoned in the current patch if you still have Brazier of Beckoning.