The Left Piece of Lord Valthalak's Amulet (Stratholme)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a.
60 (Requires 58)
From what we could gather, they were actually slain by Grand Crusader Dathrohan himself for failing the initiation rites inside his chamber in the Scarlet Bastion.
In any case, we... meaning you, are still going to need to retrieve that piece of the amulet.
I suppose it's for the best that the souls of those two have finally been put to rest, even if I didn't like them while they were alive. In any case, we have what we were after, and that is definitely a good thing!
Unfortunately, I do not know the location of the one who died with the right piece of the amulet in their possession. But do not fear; in life I was a dabbler in the art of divination, so I have another task for you, which is going to enable us to ferret out the final piece.
Upon completion of this quest you will gain:
- 11900 XP (or a 72 compensation at level 80)
- This is the fourth step in the quest chain to upgrade your Dungeon Set 1 Helm and Chestpiece into Dungeon Set 2.
- You will need to fight your way to the chamber of Saidan Dathrohan/Balnazzar in Scarlet/Live Stratholme and use the brazier. That will summon Jarien and Sothos.
- Jarien hits very hard and uses a nasty attack as well as .
- Sothos is a caster with a shield. She uses an instant cast Shadowbolt Volley which does 700-800 damage, AoE fears and a shield charge which will knock people back and send them flying.
- Due to the Shadowbolt Volley, shadow resistance is very helpful in this fight.
- One possible strategy is to have one tank pull Jarien away from the rest of the group and keep him occupied. Everyone else concentrate on taking Sothos down as quickly as possible due to her nasty Shadowbolt Volley. Once she is gone, everyone finish off Jarien. If you don't have to get within melee range of him, stay back due to his Cleave.