The Legend of the Sands
98 - 110 (Requires 98)
Speak with Li Li Stormstout.
Nothing! There is next to nothing in our records about this weapon!
I've checked and re-checked, and can find barely a shred of a tale. This can only mean that the story comes from a land outside Pandaria.
Li Li Stormstout is young, but she is the most traveled on the entire isle except for you. If anyone might know of this weapon, it is she.
Do you think that the story is true? I bet you could control the power of those blades!
- 1,500 XP
- Iron-Body Ponshu says: Grandmaster, Li Li should be at the Laughing Crane. That's the village inn just down the stairs from the temple.
Following his instructions, Li Li can be found by the center of the inn.
- I've heard that you know of a tale describing a set of mysterious hand blades.
- Yeah! Let me think... I heard it back when Uncle Chen and I were still traveling the world before we found the way to Pandaria.
- We were in Booty Bay one night staying at a place called the Salty Sailor. While there I met a giant creature who called himself a Tol'vir.
- We chatted for a long time and he told me of his homeland, a place covered in sands called Uldum.
- I've also heard of it.
- It's REALLY dry and covered all with sand like a big kitty box! I briefly went there with my Uncle Chen. I wish I could see it again!
- So according to the story thousands of years ago there was this smith called Irmaat who used to live there. The smith was known all throughout the land for his excellent work in creating magical weapons taht represent the air spirits that live there.
- His finest work was said to be a set of hand blades that were formed from the essence of pure air. The story goes on that he attempted to summon the lord of the winds to imbue the weapons with its power.
- That didn't go so well for him.
- What happened then?
- According to the story, the lord of air was filled with great wrath and decided to play a trick on Irmaat.
- The lord of air imbued the weapons with the purest form of his essence, knowing that Irmaat could not possibly wield such power. Irmaat named his creation the "Fists of the Heavens" and held them to the sky to admire his work. This was a mistake, for when he did this it conjured a great vortex of swirling sand and air that was completely out of his control! The vortex scattered the smith's blades and buried his home under the desert sands.
- Wouldn't it be neat if the blades were real? I'd give anything to get out of here and go search for them!
- Level 98
- Acquire the chosen artifact:
- Brewmaster ()
- Mistweaver ()
- Windwalker (Fists of the Heavens ( and ))
- Level 101
- Level 102
- Level 103
- Level 110
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.