The Moonspray is a night elven transport vessel that serves as part of the kaldorei fleet in Kalimdor. It historically ran between Rut'theran Village, at the foot of Teldrassil, and the port of Auberdine in Darkshore, before the latter's destruction at the time of the Cataclysm.
During the Blood War, the Moonspray was called into service once more. The ship transported Maiev Shadowsong, Shandris Feathermoon, and Sira Moonwarden from Stormwind City to Darkshore as they followed the tracks of High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind. The vessel remained under the command of its original crew, and was used during the Battle for Darkshore proper to land the first Alliance troops to assault the Ruins of Auberdine.
- Captain Taldar Windsinger
- Galley Chief Mariss
- Merchant Fallel Stargazer
- Mariner Bladewhisper
- Mariner Evenmist
- Mariner Farsight
- Mariner Swiftstar
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- Rut'theran Village to Auberdine: 1 minute 45 seconds
- Auberdine to Rut'theran Village: 1 minute 25 seconds
- Dock time: 1 minute
- Round trip: 5 minutes 10 seconds
- Originally, the boat between Teldrassil and Auberdine was of human design, but in patch 2.3.0 it was changed to a night elven vessel (like the boat between Auberdine and Valaar's Berth in Azuremyst Isle) and had a crew placed aboard.
- With the Cataclysm and the ensuing destruction of Auberdine, the Moonspray was retired from active service; it was presumably thought to be the unmanned ship berthed at the east dock of Rut'theran village in subsequent years.
- When the Alliance controls Darkshore, the Moonspray is present in Auberdine Coast twice, located near each other.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): No longer active; replaced by an Alliance flight path between Rut'theran Village and Lor'danel.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): The crew has returned.
- Hotfix (2007-12-06): Crew removed, due to problems.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Model changed from a human ship to a night elf ship.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): A crew was added.