The Nexus Vault (priest)
98 - 110 (Requires 98)
15,050 (level 100)
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Completion
- 5 Gains
- 6 Notes
- 7 Progression
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 External links
Defeat Nexus-Prince Bilaal and claim .
- Nexus-Prince Bilaal slain
- Light's Wrath
We have not always seen eye to eye, Azuregos and I, but he is still my kin. Since you seek to put an end to the ethereals and claim Light's Wrath, I would ask that you also free my brother from their grip.
You have my gratitude for saving Azuregos, <name>. I can rest easy knowing that the Nexus is under his care.
As for you, I can see you're full of surprises. Never in my time have I seen a priest who can control the chaotic energies of Light's Wrath.
You are truly the hero we need to face the Legion.
- 15,050 XP (level 100)
- Archmage Kalec says: The Nexus Vault lies deep beneath the main spire. You will find its entrance in the lowest chamber of the spire's base.
- Archmage Kalec says: The volatile energies within the Nexus seem to be interfering with the image crystal.
- Archmage Kalec says: I fear you may be on your own from here. Good luck!
Entering the portal that normally leads to the Nexus dungeon will place you in a single-player scenario which takes place in the Beyond, an altered version of the Nexus similar to the version seen during the questline.
Stage 1: The Azure Prisoner
- Free Azuregos from the ethereals by defeating the Voidtouched Channelers binding him and restore his health.
- Azuregos Freed
- Azuregos healed to full
- Azuregos says: So the lock on the Nexus has been broken, and by a common <race>, no less. Will wonders never cease?
- Azuregos says: If you've come to engage me in battle in hopes of obtaining some spurious trinket, I'm afraid you're too late.
- Azuregos says: The Ethereum have taken the bite out of this old dragon, and I fear they have robbed me of anything you would deem useful.
- Azuregos says: If it's looting you desire, as your kind so often does, then I suggest taking the fight to them.
A pack of Illusory Wyrmlings are roaming in front of the path to the Axis. Use to destroy them and then proceed into the Axis.
- Azuregos says: Wait, are you here after them? In that case, I could use a hand...
After killing the three scions, heal Azuregos to full health.
Stage 2: Seeking Answers
- Reach the Librarium to find a way into the Nexus Vault.
- Reach the Librarium
- Find a way into the vault
- Azuregos rises to a standing position.
- Azuregos says: You are a capable healer, priest. I feel my strength returning.
- Azuregos says: I assume you come seeking the Nexus Vault. Why else would anyone return to this place?
- Azuregos says: Unfortunately, access to the vault is proving... difficult. If you help me access the Librarium, I will find a way through. We must not let the Ethereum obtain the artifacts it holds!
- Azuregos says: But first, I think I'll slip into a more comfortable form. These halls were never quite spacious enough for my tastes.
- Azuregos shifts into the form of a high elf and starts following you around.
- Azuregos says: Shall we?
Head directly west and Mass Dispel (or avoid) the second pack of Illusory Wyrmlings. An icy barrier is blocking the way into the Hall of Stasis, but when you and Azuregos approach the barrier shatters. Trails of holy fire are spread out across the floor of the hall and fiery pillars are constantly sprouting up from the ground.
- Azuregos says: The Nexus Vault is weakening! That holy fire can only mean Light's Wrath is no longer fully contained.
- Azuregos says: It is a most potent and chaotic weapon. It will lash out at us as we try to approach. Be prepared.
Avoid getting hit by the pillars and kill the two Wrath Embers near the end of the hallway as you make your way to the Hall of Stasis. Once in the Hall proper, the holy fire has scorched much of the ground. Azuregos automatically begins levitating above the floor.
- Azuregos says: The fire seems to have superheated the ground here. I hope you have a way to get us over it...
Once at the Librarium, Azuregos stops levitating and runs to the center of the chamber.
- Azuregos says: We're here. Now, let me see if I can find a way into the vault...
- Azuregos says: As I suspected! The entrance to the vault was broken off when Malygos breached the Twisting Nether during the Nexus Wars.
- Azuregos says: I feel the powers it holds resonating through the Nexus. There must be another way to reach the vault!
Suddenly, a patch of fire erupts in the center of the Librarium.
- Azuregos says: A-ha! That's... wait a moment... the energy from the vault is surging. Brace yourself!
Stage 3: Cleansed by Holy Fire
- Defeat Judgment's Flame.
- Judgment's Flame defeated
The elemental has two abilities: "Diffusion", which sacrifices 15% of its own health to deal Fire damage, and "Replenishing Flames", which completely heals it over a period of time. Pillars and patches of fire also appear throughout the Librarium as the fight progresses. Don't stand in them.
- Azuregos says: This creature is using its own life essence to harm us! He dies a little more with every attack!
Once Judgment's Flame reaches 50% health, it uses Replenishing Flames to completely heal itself.
- Azuregos says: Clever. He's absorbing the flame back into his body to become whole again.
- Azuregos says: Priest, perhaps you can use your magic to influence his mind... Trick him into snuffing out his own flame!
Stage 4: The Way Out is Through
- Reach the Rift.
- Reach the Rift
- Azuregos says: That was too close! If the weapon goes unchecked much longer, it will bring this whole place down around us!
- Azuregos says: Quickly! We must head to the rift. It's the only way!
Two Voidtouched Nexus-Stalkers run in and block the path towards the Rift, while a Voidtouched Channeler stands further back. Kill them both and proceed to the edge of the Rift. In the far distance, near the Rift itself, Nexus-Prince Bilaal is floating above the platform and channeling void energy into himself.
- Azuregos says: Wait... didn't there used to be a bridge here?
- Nexus-Prince Bilaal yells: Fools! You may have destroyed the Surge Needles, but you are too late to stop us! The power of Light's Wrath will rip open the breach!
- Azuregos says: Oh great, more ethereals...
- Azuregos says: It looks like they're channeling the energy from the vault into the breach. This is not good.
- Azuregos says: Come! Time to show these ethereals that I still have a bit of fight left in me!
Stage 5: Consumed by Void
- Defeat Nexus-Prince Bilaal.
- Nexus-Prince Bilaal Defeated
Azuregos jumps into the air and transforms back into his dragon form. Jump up on his back to ride to Bilaal's location. During the flight, the following occurs:
- Azuregos says: I will bring whatever power I have to bear against the Nexus-Prince, priest. But in my weakened state, it falls upon you to finish this threat.
- Azuregos says: I hope you are prepared!
- Nexus-Prince Bilaal yells: You are too late, interlopers. Nothing can stop me now!
- The Nexus-Prince transforms into a void revenant!
- Nexus-Prince Bilaal yells: I have become void!
Azuregos drops you on Bilaal's platform and begins circling around it. The Nexus-Prince has two main abilities: "Void Consumption", which deals Shadow damage and slows your movement speed, and "Force of Gravity", which pushes you back. If you fall off the platform, you won't die and will just get flung back up, but try to avoid it nonetheless by standing with your back to one of the formations around the platform.
- Nexus-Prince Bilaal says: The Ethereum will rise again!
- Nexus-Prince Bilaal says: What!? The void cannot be defeated! Noooo!
Stage 6: A Will of Fire
- Seize control of Light's Wrath.
- Subdue Light's Wrath
- Azuregos says: Hah! So much for the all-powerful void. You know, you're not a bad ally. Pity you're not a dragon!
- Azuregos lands on the platform and transforms back into his high elven form.
- Azuregos says: I can open a portal to the vault, but I'll have to remain on this side to keep it open.
- Azuregos creates the portal.
- Azuregos says: The way is clear. Hurry, little <race>! I can't keep this open for long!
Upon entering the portal, you finally reach the Nexus Vault. Light's Wrath is sitting in a pillar of light in the center of the area.
- Azuregos says: You made it! But to leave this place with the weapon, you must first gain control of it.
- Azuregos says: Good luck, priest.
Upon interacting with Light's Wrath, you begin channeling into it for 30 seconds. However, all the while Light's Wrath will deal damage to you, forcing you to shield and heal yourself while you're channeling. If you succeed, a holy nova will erupt from the weapon and it will cease dealing damage to you.
Final Stage: To Wield the Flame
- Claim Light's Wrath and leave the Nexus Vault.
- Claim Light's Wrath
- Leave the Nexus Vault
After looting and equipping Light's Wrath, Azuregos says the following:
- Azuregos says: Well done! The energies from the vault seem to be stabilizing. Now hurry back before the portal closes and you're locked inside!
Upon returning to the Rift:
- Azuregos says: I am impressed, <name>! Never have I seen a priest capable of controlling Light's Wrath.
- Azuregos says: The ethereals have been routed and you have the weapon you came for. Your business here is finished. Mine, on the other hand, has just begun.
- Azuregos says: I thank you for freeing me. You have given me the greatest gift of all... that of time.
- Azuregos says: I will use that time to secure the Nexus. It must never again fall into the wrong hands!
- Azuregos opens a portal back to Dalaran.
- Azuregos says: This portal will take you back to Kalecgos. Please give him my regards.
Use the portal and return to Kalecgos to complete the quest.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.