The Old Bear
120 (Requires 120)
Speak with Ulfar in Ulfar's Den.
- Speak with Ulfar
- Ulfar defended
I cannot change your mind, can I? Very well, I may know where you can find your answers.
Their leader is a great bear named Ulfar. I know little about him, but few are more qualified to parse the magic of the Drust.
You will find a path to his den along Highroad Pass. Good luck, Inquisitor.
You will receive:
- 23 40
- 17,850 XP
Forgive my hesitation, mainlander. It would appear the minions of Thros are no longer confined to their own realm.
I will help you cross the threshold into the Blighted Lands.
- Ulfar says: A visitor to my den? How curious.
- I'm looking for a way into the Blighted Lands.
- Ulfar says: You wish to enter Thros? I am afraid I cannot help you, mainlander.
- Ulfar says: Some pathways are best left closed, lest those on the other side set foot upon them.
- Shade of Gorak Tul yells: Oh, we are well past peeking, old bear.
- Ulfar says: Gorak Tul! It cannot be!
- Shocked, Ulfar runs out to the entrance of his den, where the Shade of Gorak Tul waits in the middle of the clearing.
- Ulfar yells: Thornspeakers, to arms!
- Two shifted Thornspeaker Students leap in front of Ulfar.
- Shade of Gorak Tul says: You know you cannot defeat me, Ulfar. But if it is a fight you seek, then you shall have it!
- Shade of Gorak Tul yells: Thros awakens!
Defeat four Blighted Haunters.
- Shade of Gorak Tul yells: You would share our gifts with these wretches, Ulfar? You deserve to burn with them!
- Ulfar yells: Who are you to judge who's worthy? Your twisted ways have disgraced our kind, Tul!
Defeat roughly a dozen haunters and Blighted Malices.
- Shade of Gorak Tul yells: This is far from over, old bear.
- Gorak Tul vanishes as he speaks, and Ulfar heads back inside.
- Ulfar says: It would appear I was mistaken. Thros has come to us.
- Ulfar says: This... changes things.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.