Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
The Oracle (WC3 Orc)
|Previous: Where Wyverns Dare|
|Next: By Demons Be Driven|
|Campaign: The Invasion of Kalimdor|
|Place: Stonetalon Peak|
|Outcome: The Orcish Horde and the Human Expedition join forces|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Casualties and losses|
|template | talk | edit|
Twenty minutes later, inside the caverns of Stonetalon Peak...
- 1 Siege Golem
- 2 War Golems
- 1 Red Dragon
- 2 Salamander
- 1 Salamander Vizier
- 1 Hungry Hungry Lizard
- 1 Kobold Mastermind
- 1 Skeleton Lord
- 19 Skeleton Warriors
- 2 Giant Skeleton Warriors
- 18 Burning Archers
- 2 Death Revenants
- 4 Fallen Priests
- 3 Fire Revenants
- 2 Harpy Queen
- 3 Harpy Rogues
- 2 Heretics
- 15 Kobolds
- 5 Kobold Taskmasters
- 2 Kobold Tunnelers
- 13 Quilboars
- 1 Razormane Brute
- 2 Razormane Chieftains
- 1 Razormane Medicine Man
- 1 Salamander Lord
- 2 Sludge Flingers
- 2 Sludge Minions
- 2 Sludge Monstrositys
- Cairne Bloodhoof: The path cuts off in different directions.
- Thrall: Either of those caverns could stretch for miles. Perhaps we should split up?
- Cairne Bloodhoof: Very well. Be careful, young one. There's no telling what ancient creatures lie within the mountain's depths.
- Thrall: I will, Cairne. Good luck.
During the Mission
- Footman: Orcs! Arm yourselves!
- Thrall: That's strange. I don't recall seeing any sheep in this land.
- Sorceress: He's fairly bright for an orc!
- Thrall: It's a trap! Defend yourselves!
- Thrall: Those harpies have nearly killed that wretched creature! It looks as if they're after its treasure! Kill them all, and we'll take what's left for ourselves!
- Thrall: The great beast was protecting a magical amulet. I'd better hold on to this.
- Aszune: I am Aszune, ancient princess of the moon-children. None my pass until my heart is returned to me.
- Thrall: Here is your heart, Aszune. Now, grant us passage to the Oracle.
- Thrall: Apparently, this is some kind of spectral bridge. But the enchanted gemstone that powers it is missing. With any luck, Cairne will find it for us.
- Footman: Let's get the hell out of here!
- Footman: No, not that way!
- Footman: I've had it with skulking in these caves!
- Cairne Bloodhoof: If the legends are correct, then this must the spirits bridge. But the spirits stone that empowers it has been lost. Perhaps we should return to the quillboars pit and retrieve the stone we saw there.
- Cairne Bloodhoof: The spiked pit is filled with quillboars. It looks as if they're protecting some kind of gemstone.
- Cairne Bloodhoof: This must activate the trap mechanism.
- Cairne Bloodhoof: A gruesome death.
- Cairne Bloodhoof: This gemstone has an inscription on its base. Ah... this is the spirit stone of Stonetalon Chasm. If the legends are true, then this will activate the spirit bridge that leads to the Oracle!
- Cairne Bloodhoof: The statues are coming to life! Defend yourselves!
- Cairne Bloodhoof: Ah, the spirits bridge... Just as the legends described it. Now, young warchief, the path to the Oracle is revealed!
- Jaina Proudmoore: Orcs. I knew that we were being followed. Defend yourselves!
- The Prophet: Stop! There will be no violence in this place.
- Thrall: That voice. You're no oracle! You're the prophet!
- The Prophet: Very perceptive, son of Durotan. I am the prophet. And, now, that I've lured you all here, I will tell you what destiny holds.
- Thrall: What the hell is going on here?
- The Prophet: Thrall, this is Jaina Proudmoore, leader of the survivors of Lordaeron.
- Thrall: Survivors? What are you talking about?
- The Prophet: The invasion of the Burning Legion has begun! Lordaeron has already fallen, and now the demons come to invade Kalimdor! Only together, united against the shadow, will be able to save this world from the flame.
- Jaina Proudmoore: Unite with them? Are you mad?
- The Prophet: Have you heard nothing that I've said? The Legion comes to undo history and end all life! Thrall, your friend Hellscream has already fallen under the demons' influence. Soon he and your whole race will be lost forever!
- Thrall: No... I'll die before I let that happen!
- The Prophet: Then you must rescue him immediately! He is the key to the destiny I promise you. However, you will need help.
- Jaina Proudmoore: Wait! This is insane! You can't possibly expect me to--
- The Prophet: Destiny is at hand, young sorceress. The time to choose has come. For the fate of all who live, humanity must join forces with the Horde.
Journeying into the depths of Stonetalon Peak, the Horde forces came to a cross roads. Thrall suggested they split up to find the end of both passages. Thrall and a party of Orcs and Trolls took the right path, while Cairne and his Tauren warriors took the left. Cairne warned Thrall to be careful, since all manner of creatures dwelled within the mountain's depths.
The Orcs journeyed through the winding tunnels of the mountain, coming under attack from undead, quilboars, kobolds and other monsters, as well as parties of humans, dwarfs and elves ordered by Jaina to delay their advance. Eventually, they came to a sealed chamber containing a statue of a Night Elf princess. The statue communed with Thrall, identifying itself as Aszune, and that none could pass until her 'heart' was returned to her. Returning into the tunnels, the Orcs came upon a band of harpies attacking a red dragon. The Orcs waited until the harpies had killed the dragon, then fell upon the harpies, killing them all and recovering from the dragon's hoard the gem known as the 'Heart of Aszune'. Thrall returned the gem to the statue of Aszune, freeing her spirit and opening the way to the chamber beyond; the lair of the Oracle. However, there was no way to cross; Thrall reasoned a spectral bridge was present, but there was no way to access it. Thrall hoped Cairne might find a way to activate it...
Cairne and his tauren kin meanwhile proceeded down their path, encountering similar resitance from the denizens of the mountains. At a junction in the tunnels, they came to an outcrop overlooking a pit full of Quillboars; too many for the Tauren to defeat. However, Cairne noticed the pit was infact a spiked trap, and triggered the device, killing all the quillboars in the pit. Sifting through the bodies, Cairne recovered a strange gem which he recognised as the spirit stone required to activate the spectral bridge to reach the Oracle. Proceeding through the caverns, Cairne and his men rejoined with Thrall in the chamber and activated the bridge, crossing into the Oracle's chamber...
Jaina and her forces were already present; upon seeing the Orcs had caught up to them, Jaina and her forces prepared to fight to the death, but a stern voice rang out, demanding that there would be no violence in the place. Thrall recognised the voice; they were not speaking to an oracle, but the Prophet. The Prophet confirmed this, and stated he had brought them to the place for a purpose. The Prophet explained that the Burning Legion had returned; having already annihalated Lordaeron, Kalimdor would be next to feel their wrath. Only by uniting would the humans and Orcs be able to resist the oncoming shadow.
Jaina dismissed such an idea as madness, but the Prophet impressed upon her the severity of the threat posed by the demons. He told Thrall that the demons had already corrupted Grom Hellscream and that if they didn't act soon, he and the entire Orc race would be lost to the demons forever. Thrall refused to let this happen, insisting he would die before he let such a thing occur. The Prophet explained that Hellscream was key to the destiny he had promised the Orcs, but that Thrall would need help to free Grom. Jaina tried to back out, but the Prophet was adamant; for the sake of all Azeroth, the Alliance and the Horde must ally together.
- Thrall casting Earthquake will cause the screen to shake, as the mission takes place underground.
- The Hungry Hungry Lizard eating mushrooms will eventually open a path to a (Warcraft III)The Lion Horn of Stormwind
- If Cairne kills all quillboars without the use of traps, it drops a Necklace of Spell Immunity.