The Phylactery of Kel'Thuzad
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.0.2.
The Phylactery of Kel'Thuzad was a quest item dropped each time Kel'Thuzad was defeated in Naxxramas when it was a level 60 raid in the Eastern Plaguelands (similar to the or ). In Wrath of the Lich King, it was revealed that Father Inigo Montoy (an Argent Dawn priest from the original game) took the phylactery to Northrend, giving Kel'Thuzad time to regenerate so he could once again rule Naxxramas.
Prior to Patch 4.0.3a, there was a choice of two rewards from the quest , one trinket for physical damage and one for magic damage.
- Kel'Thuzad's phylactery shares an icon with the Urn of King Terenas (which stored his remains during the journey to the Sunwell). As a lich's soul is typically bound to an object during his transition into undeath, it is likely the same urn. Kel'Thuzad's dialogue in Heroes of the Storm confirms this, though the game is not considered canon.
- The flavor text added in Patch 4.0.3a seems to be poking fun at the extremely few characters that might still have this item in their possession, without ever turning the quest in. Very few people still exist with this item.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Flavor text added to existing items; no longer starts the quest.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Removed.
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-20): Added.