The Prince and the Prophet (WC3 Human)
The Prince and the Prophet is an interlude in the Scourge of Lordaeron campaign.
Later that afternoon, on the road to Stratholme...
- Arthas runs through the forest. The Prophet awaits him near the road.
- The Prophet: Greetings, young prince. We must talk.
- Arthas: I have no time for this!
- The Prophet: Listen to me, boy. This land is lost! The shadow has already fallen, and nothing you do will deter it. If you truly wish to save your people, lead them across the sea... to the west.
- Arthas: Flee? My place is here, and my only course is to defend my people!
- The Prophet: Then your choice is already made. Just remember, the harder you strive to slay your enemies, the faster you'll deliver your people right into their hands.
- The Prophet transforms into a raven and flies away. Jaina, under an invisibility spell, runs down the road towards Arthas.
- Jaina: I'm sorry for concealing myself, Arthas. I just wanted to--
- Arthas: Don't say it!
- Jaina: I sensed tremendous power about him, Arthas. Maybe he's right. Maybe he does know what will happen.
- Arthas: Nothing he can say will make me abandon my homeland, Jaina. I don't care if that madman has seen the future. Let's go.
- Arthas and Jaina run down the road. The interlude ends.