The Prophet Tharon'ja
|Race||Skeletal wind serpent (Undead)|
|Level||65 - 82 Elite|
|Mana||3,643 - 8,338|
|Location||Drak'Tharon Overlook, Drak'Tharon Keep|
The Prophet Tharon'ja is the last boss of Drak'Tharon Keep. He is a Drakkari troll prophet who has taken the form of a large skeletal wind serpent much like the Avatar of Hakkar. The Prophet Tharon'ja is known for ripping the flesh from the bones of some of the most formidable ice troll warriors. From the upper tiers of the fortress, Tharon'ja watches as waves of undead trolls pour from the keep's corridors to bolster the Scourge ranks in their assault on Zul'Drak. In Drak'Tharon Keep he became an ally of the Scourge after turning undead. Drakuru sent agents to kill him because "Drakuru is a shady troll." His current loyalties are unknown.
Not even the stolen powers of a loa could stay death's hand as the Scourge marched on Drak'Tharon Keep. Tharon'ja now prophesies only triumph for his new master as legions of trolls are slaughtered before the Lich King.
Phase 1: The Prophet
- Shadowbolt Volley — The Prophet Tharon'ja hurls missiles of dark magic at all players, inflicting Shadow damage.
- Rain of Fire — The Prophet Tharon'ja calls down a molten rain, burning all players in a selected area for Fire damage every 2 sec. for 6 sec.
- Curse of Life — The Prophet Tharon'ja curses a player, inflicting Shadow damage every 3 sec. for 9 sec. The effect is removed if the target falls below 50% of their maximum life.
- Decay Flesh — The Prophet Tharon'ja stuns all players for 3 sec, burning their flesh away.
Phase 2: The Curse of Flesh
- Gift of Tharon'ja — The Prophet Tharon'ja transforms all players into Skeleton, granting them new abilities.
- Touch of Life — Players steal life from The Prophet Tharon'ja.
- Slaying Strike — Players inflict Physical damage to The Prophet Tharon'ja.
- Taunt — Players taunt The Prophet Tharon'ja, forcing him to attack them for 3 sec.
- Bone Armor — Players encase themselves in bone armor, absorbing 4500 damage for 10 sec. While the armor holds, spellcasting cannot be interrupted by Physical attacks.
- Lightning Breath — The Prophet Tharon'ja breathes lightning at a player, inflicting Nature damage.
- Eye Beam — The Prophet Tharon'ja glares at a player, inflicting Nature damage every 2 sec for 5 sec.
- Poison Cloud — The Prophet Tharon'ja summons a poisonous cloud that inflicts Nature damage to all players within the cloud every 1 sec.
- Return Flesh — The Prophet Tharon'ja stuns all players for 3 sec, returning them to their original form.
He begins the fight as a skeletal serpent with a few abilities:
- Shadowbolt (2000 damage)
- Curse of Life (Drains 50% of the enemy's health.)
At about 50% of HP, he uses Decay Flesh, which drains party members' health and turns Tharon'ja into a mortal Windserpent while turning the players into undead skeletons. When in this form, the skeleton players have four spells, in order of how they show up on the bar.
- Slaying Strike: Instant cast, 8 yard range, requires melee weapon, inflicts about normal weapon damage.1 sec cooldown.
- Taunt: Instant cast, 10 yard range, taunts the creature, increasing the chance that it will attack the caster.
- Bone Armor: Instant cast, encases the caster in bone armor, absorbing 4163 to 4837 damage for 10 sec. While the armor holds, spellcasting cannot be interrupted by physical attacks. 10 second cooldown.
- Touch of Life: Instant cast, 20 yard range, steals 1900 to 2100 life from target enemy. 5 second cooldown.
Tanks should use Bone Armor on cooldown and spam Taunt. Everyone else should spam Slaying Strike.
When in mortal Windserpent form, Tharon'ja will occasionally cast a ground-targeted AoE, which does 800 to 900 Nature damage per tick to any player standing in the area. It can be avoided by simply moving around and out of that area.
After a certain percentage of damage is done in this form, everyone switches back. Tharon'ja's switch to mortal Windserpent form and back to skeletal form are both aggro wipes.
Alternate Strategy: This fight can be done with two or more hunters. The pets will continue to attack even during the skeletal phase, which will nuke the boss down in seconds. Be sure to rotate taunts between party members. Each time the skeletal phase is about to begin and as soon as it ends, cast (and/or if specced). Any pet class can do this - Hunters, Warlocks, or Unholy Death Knights. All pets avoid the Decay Flesh debuff and continue to attack.
- Tharon'ja sees all! The work of mortals shall not end the eternal dynasty!
- Decay Flesh
- Your flesh serves Tharon'ja now!
- Tharon'ja has a use for your mortal shell!
- Return Flesh
- No! A taste...all too brief!
- Agghh! Tharon'ja will have more!
- Killing a player
- As Tharon'ja predicted!
- As it was written!
- Im... impossible! Tharon'ja is eternal! Tharon'ja... is...
Notes and trivia
- During the Purge of Dalaran, Archmage Lan'dalock summoned images of various Wrath of the Lich King era bosses, Prophet Tharon'ja among them, to fight for him against the Horde.
- Tharon'ja is voiced by Isaac C. Singleton Jr..
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2009-12-16): "Prophet Tharon'ja of Drak'Tharon will now only steal your flesh one time during the encounter."
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.