The Purification of Quel'Delar (Alliance)
This quest is part of the Return of Quel'Delar quest chain.
I admit, I was skeptical that you had actually re-forged Quel'Delar and I did not expect Thalorien Dawnseeker's spirit to reveal itself to you. You cannot understand what it means to me and to the rest of my people that Quel'Delar has been recovered.
As promised, I will admit you to the Sunwell and you will find the leaders of Silvermoon City within. Carry the sword to the chamber of the Sunwell and immerse it. The blade will bond to you. When that happens, carry it to Caladis Brightspear at Quel'Delar's Rest.
What happened during your time in the Sunwell?
This is unbelievable, <name>. You've really done it! All of the quel'dorei have heard of Thalorien Dawnseeker and Quel'Delar, but no one ever thought the sword would be restored.
Speak to any Warden of the Sunwell to zone in. Players will be teleported into the actual Sunwell instance, although phased.
- I will escort you into the Sunwell when you are ready.
I'm ready to enter the Sunwell.
Teleported inside, players will appear in the Shrine of the Eclipse, just past M'uru's room. Run southwest through the hall, as turning around and running to the northeast will cross an invisible instance line to limit exploring. A number of Sunwell Honor Guards are at the player's position, and further inside are Blood Elf Pilgrims and High Elf Pilgrims. Near the Sunwell itself are Lor'themar Theron, Lady Liadrin, Grand Magister Rommath, and Captain Auric Sunchaser.
Crossing into the "The Sunwell" subzone, Chamberlain Galiros announces the player's arrival:
- Chamberlain Galiros yells: My lords and ladies, I present <name>, bearer of Quel'Delar.
Randomly, Liadrin makes a statement to some gathered Pilgrims:
- Lady Liadrin says: My brothers and sisters, words cannot describe what I felt upon seeing the Sunwell rekindled.
- Lady Liadrin says: In that moment, the Light revealed to me the truth of the terrible things I had done.
- Lady Liadrin says: Our people had walked a dark path and mine was among the darkest of them all.
- Lady Liadrin says: But the Light showed me that I was not lost. It helped me to find the strength to survive in spite of all that had happened and all the evil I had wrought.
- Lady Liadrin says: It is a strength that we sin'dorei all share. It is a strength we will need to free ourselves of the addiction ravaging our people.
- Lady Liadrin says: It will be the most difficult battle we have ever faced, but our resolve and the power of the Sunwell will sustain us until we have been restored to our greatness.
- Blood Elf Pilgrim says: Well said, my lady. We sin'dorei will be free and we shall be great again!
Upon throwing in the sword on the southeast side of the Sunwell:
- Sunwell Honor Guard says: Can that really be Quel'Delar?
- Lor'themar Theron says: We shall see.
- Grand Magister Rommath says: Look at it, Lor'themar. It is certainly Quel'Delar.
- Lor'themar Theron says: So it is. You have my thanks, <name>, for restoring Quel'Delar to its rightful owners.
- Theron walks up to the blade and grabs it. He is thrown across the room by the blade, knocking him to roughly half-health.
- Sunwell Honor Guard yells: My Lord Regent! What have they done to you?
- Rommath freezes the player in an Icy Prison and guards approach from all directions.
- Grand Magister Rommath says: What is the meaning of this treachery?
- Sunwell Honor Guard says: Drop your weapon and surrender, traitor.
- Captain Auric Sunchaser says: This is not my doing, Rommath. There is no treachery here.
- Captain Auric Sunchaser says: Call off your men. Lor'themar's own foolishness caused his injuries. Quel'Delar is not chosen; it chooses its master.
- Grand Magister Rommath says: It seems the captain is correct. Quel'Delar is not to be ours after all.
- Grand Magister Rommath says: Guards, return to your posts.
- The Icy Prison fades
- Grand Magister Rommath says: You will have what you have come for, <name>. Take the sword and begone. And you, Auric, have a care for what you say in this sacred place.
- Captain Auric Sunchaser says: Carry the sword back to Dalaran through that portal, <name>. You have done what many quel'dorei have dreamt of for years. Quel'Delar has been restored at last.
DON'T FORGET TO PICK UP QUEL'DALAR FROM THE SUNWELL!
At Quel's rest, Brightspear will offer one of two versions of "A Victory For The Silver Covenant" based on class. Classes incapable of wielding swords will be offered the mace version, instead.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Added.