The Right Piece of Lord Valthalak's Amulet (Scholomance)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a.
60 (Requires 58)
- Kormok slain
Now we have what we need, so it's time to discuss who it is that you'll be summoning next.
Kormok was ok for an ogre, right up until he turned to necromancy. After that, things got creepy for just about everyone in the outfit. It was no surprise then when he took his piece of the amulet and returned to his new home, Scholomance.
But even there, or perhaps especially there, he was not safe from the spectral assassins. They slew him right in front of his master, Ras Frostwhisper.
I commend you, <name>, if you have returned with the completed amulet. If not, however, please take care of that as there is no time to waste, I assure you!
Good work, <name>! Kormok wasn't all that bad for an ogre, at least not while he was still alive, so I hope he gets the rest that he deserves. And now we have the completed amulet! But we still have the hardest test ahead of us.
In order for the brazier to be attuned to calling forth Lord Valthalak, there are a few more items that need to be gathered and brought back to me here.
Upon completion of this quest you will gain:
- 11900 XP (or a 72 compensation at level 80)
- This is the seventh step in the quest chain to upgrade your Dungeon Set 1 Helm and Chestpiece into Dungeon Set 2.
- You will need to fight your way to the chamber of Ras Frostwhisper in Scholomance and use the brazier. That will summon Kormok.
- Kormok has a dispellable Bone Shield which will absorb damage and return Shadow damage. He also has an AoE Shadowbolt volley and will summon undead minions to help during the fight.
- There are two possible strategies:
- Have one tank stay on Kormok and then have the damage dealing classes take out the minions that appear. This is slower but safer. You do run the risk of running out of mana.
- Concentrate all damage on Kormok and ignore the summoned minions. If you have several high damage classes, then this is a viable strategy. You do run the risk on getting overwhelmed by minions.