- For the quest in Razorfen Downs, see .
87 (Requires 87)
Speak with Waterspeaker Gorai, and then complete the Ritual.
- Speak to Waterspeaker Gorai to Begin the Ritual
- Dead Inkgill Laid to Rest
- Ritual Complete
From the moment I first rose from the river, I knew I was destined to be Waterspeaker.
I was taught many rituals, and have performed all of them, save one.
There was one, an extremely ancient one, that we were told to call upon if our people ever turned against us.
This must have happened in our people's distant past, because we haven't needed to use it in our village's memory.
I suppose now is the time to do so.
That... was not what I expected.
I see now that this ritual rips whatever was controlling the minds of these creatures from them. I now know what we must do.
- 129000 XP
Talk to him again:
- As Waterspeaker, I performed many rituals. There is one, though, that I have never performed - to purify mental corruption.
- It is an ancient ritual, one which we have not needed since days of legend, when Shao Hao walked Pandaria.
- I fear we need it now...
I'm ready. Begin the ritual.
- Waterspeaker Gorai says: I've never performed this ritual. I don't know what will happen, exactly.
- Waterspeaker Gorai says: It's been passed down from ancient times, but none of our people have needed to use it since then.
- Waterspeaker Gorai says: Let us see if this is sufficient to cleanse the corruption from my people's souls.
- Gorai starts channeling a spell over the corpses of the jinyu, but Mei was caught in the area of effect!
- Waterspeaker Gorai says: Wh... what is happening? Why is the ritual affecting her?
- Waterspeaker Gorai says: What is that?!
- An Explosive Hatred appears out of Swordmistress Mei.
- Swordmistress Mei says: I feel so much calmer. What happened?
- Waterspeaker Gorai says: A beast emerged from you when I began the ritual. <Name> slew it!
- Swordmistress Mei says: I felt a presence, a burning pain and rage in my mind...
- Waterspeaker Gorai says: That... thing must be what was controlling the villagers. I now know what we must do.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2013-03-05): "Players should now be able to speak with Waterspeaker Goria to complete the quest, "The Ritual"."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.