The Scent of Life
87 (Requires 87)
Gather an Opalescent Blue Crab Shell and 8 Stolen Pandaren Spices.
Many have perished here. We will need to honor them properly, which means gathering the makings of incense of life.
It doesn't just smell nice - it has restorative properties, and can even help plants grow. Maybe I can get a whiff of the ingredients to get me back on my feet.
The materials can be found on creatures around here - except for the spices, which were stolen by the mercenaries who pillaged the village.
Are those the ingredients for Incense of Life I smell on you? Or... perhaps you haven't bathed recently.
Beautiful, beautiful. Better to not need to bury our friends, but if we must, it is good they will have a fitting ceremony.
- 129000 XP
Exit the village to the south and circle to the northeast. Start killing Azure Prickly Crawlers for the shell, Blackmane Brigands, Blackmane Trackers, and Blackmane Pillagers for Justice and a chance at the spices. South Sea Booty Barrels are all over the area near pirates. Then find Captain Ripflesh in the depression south of the pirate camp. He is a level 87 gnoll(!) with 537,000 health and acts as a hunter with , , and . He also has:
- Smoke Bomb! — Casts a smoke bomb, stunning nearby enemies for until cancelled. Instant. Cast at 50%. Also knocks players up in the air.
At 50% health:
- Ripflesh casts Smoke Bomb, knocking all players in the air, then disappears.
- Captain Ripflesh yells: Ha! Let's see if you can figure this out!
- Captain Ripflesh yells: Mirror... IMAGE!
- Ripflesh is hiding in one of the four barrels, and Gnoll Decoys are sitting on the other three.
Break one of the decoys:
- Captain Ripflesh yells: Ha! Fooled you!
Focus on him and finish him off:
- How did you... figure... it out...
Head to the southwest to find waterfalls, with Lightfooted Snapclaws striding the water. Polished stones can be found underneath the waterfalls—several of which can be found uphill near the village.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.