The Shadow of Doubt
90 (Requires 90)
+350 August Celestials
Defeat the Shadow of Doubt.
- Shadow of Doubt slain
A terrible manifestation of the sha has appeared to the south.
It is trying to destroy an ancient relic, the Bell of a Thousand Whispers.
This bell has never been rung in the temple's history, for it is rumored to be an ancient instrument of power.
Please go and defeat this demon where it stands! We must save this relic!
(Shadow of Doubt: "A lieutenant of the Sha of Doubt")
The bell is said to contain the voices of a thousand fallen temple priests.
You have saved us. From what fate, I dare not imagine.
- 236000 XP
- +350 reputation with August Celestials
Head down the hill to the southeast and take the first left. Past a few guardians is the Shadow of Doubt, an elite sha with 9.4 million health and the following abilities:
- Growing Doubt 40 yd range — Creates a force of doubt that inflicts Shadow damage to all enemies within 4 yards every second. 2 sec cast. Uninterruptible. The bolt has a travel time before it lands where the target was when it cast. Ticks for 8100-11000 Shadow. (5 sec cooldown)
- Sha Bolt 40 yd range — Hurls a bolt of dark magic at an enemy, inflicting Shadow damage. 3 sec cast. Interruptible. Hits for 10,595 Shadow.
- Deafened — Stuns and weakens an enemy, increasing damage taken by 900%. Instant. Self-"buff". Lasts 15 seconds. Cast when the bell is interacted with.
The bell can be interacted with, so land on the far side of it and ring it to start the fight! Ringing the bell will stun and weaken the shadow for 15 sec, increasing the damage it takes by 900%. It also tosses a heal for ~58,000 health (and can crit!) on the player who rung it. The bell is on a 30-second cooldown, so use it as soon as the boss emote is displayed:
- The bell is recharged! Strike it to weaken nearby enemies!
- Elder Sage Tai-Feng says: You have done much and more for us today, <name>. Our work will continue, but we have gained a small victory.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.