|Hellfire Ramparts (5)|
|The Blood Furnace (5)|
|The Shattered Halls (5)|
|Magtheridon's Lair (25)|
The Shattered Halls is a level 70 elite instance in Hellfire Peninsula, being the third wing of Hellfire Citadel, with Kargath Bladefist as the final boss. The instance is one of the first endgame instances in The Burning Crusade players will encounter.
For years, this gargantuan fortress was thought to be abandoned, but it's now inhabited by marauding bands of red, furious fel orcs. The presence of this new, savage breed presents something of a mystery, though what is far more disconcerting is that the numbers of these fel orcs seem to be... growing.
At the heart of Outland's barren Hellfire Peninsula stand Hellfire Citadel, a nearly impenetrable bastion that served as the Horde's base of operations throughout the First and Second Wars.
Shattered Halls has a very straight layout with only one way to go. Several increasingly large packs test the group's focus and crowd crontrol or aoe abilities. The most difficult being the last one before the first boss. A rogue can lockpick the door to Grand Warlock Nethekurse, (or an engineer with a can blow it open) and thus avoid the sewers - an area with large groups of slime mobs and several single ones on a fast respawn timer.
After Nethekurse you enter the gauntlet event. Archers from the far side will shoot fireball arrows that leave burning spots on the ground while you fight your way ahead. There are some static mobs as well as small packs that continuously spawn at the end and come your way. All of these mobs are nonelite. The respawn is on a static timer. Thus, if you kill them fast enough, you will leave combat. Depending on your group, you may either kill them one pack at a time or run right through to the last alcove and AOE them down all at once.
At the end of the gauntlet - on heroic mode - Blood Guard Porung awaits you. You will encounter two more large packs flanked by two groups of gladiators each. The packs can and should be pulled out of the room to avoid adding the gladiators. The gladiators will fight among themselves and can be pulled when most of them are already low on health. From here on you will encounter stealthed assassins in increasing frequency as you make your way past Warbringer O'mrogg and on to Kargath Bladefist.
- Beetles (critters)
- Dwarf (one, Rifleman Brownbeard)
- Fel orcs
- Gnome (one, Randy Whizzlesprocket)
- Human (two, Captain Alina and Private Jacint)
- Ogre mage (one, Warbringer O'mrogg)
- Orcs (three, Captain Boneshatter, Drisella, and Scout Orgarr)
- Rats (critters)
- Snakes (critters)
- Tauren (one, Korag Proudmane)
- Main article: Shattered Halls loot
- Shattered Halls features some large groups up to seven mobs. Whatever crowd control your group features, be certain to put it to good use. You may even consider using two tanks. The Legionnaire should always be killed first due to his summonings abilities. Acolytes and Sharpshooters should be given priority as far as CC is concerned. Dark Casters may also be occupied by a pet. Don't be afraid to use fear but be sure to keep your distance to other packs if you do. Lacking crowd control, a kiting hunter can also be viable, but consider that you'll lose damage and an ice trap.
- The gladiator packs can be lethal to your tank. Pull them when they are low on health and kill the most damaged first. Stun, Slow, Fear and Kiting can prevent a lot of damage. Also, if you've got enough DPS and have a Shadow Priest, consider having the priest Mind Control one of the Gladiators. The abilities they have can substantially help the group and the gladiator can normally take on about 3 of the mobs(if they're damage already) by himself.
- A Shadowmoon Acolyte can be Mind Controlled by a Priest, and has a 105 Resist Shadow buff that lasts 1 hour. There are only a few of these mobs in the instance and they appear before the first boss. This buff is extremely helpful to your party for the first boss fight as much of his damage is shadow. However, there is a 15 second cooldown on the Acolyte's buff, keeping him mind controlled can be difficult, and the cooldown often resets when MC breaks. It may take many tries to get the whole party buffed with this method. Make sure your party understands that this make take some time. Have the priest buff the tank, then himself first in case the group loses patience and wants to move along.
|Shattered Halls quests|
|Quest Name||Quest Giver||Subzone|
|Magus Zabraxis||Shattered Halls|
|Kalynna Lathred||Shattered Halls (Heroic)|
|Randy Whizzlesprocket||Shattered Halls (Heroic)|
|Drisella||Shattered Halls (Heroic)|
|Field Commander Romus||Shattered Halls|
|Shadow Hunter Ty'jin||Shattered Halls|
|Force Commander Danath Trollbane||Shattered Halls|
- After patch 4.0.3a, the instance no longer requires the to open the door.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): New Timewalking difficulty added.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): New quests added.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.