The Siege of Dalaran (WC3 Undead)
- For the story of the battle itself, see Siege of Dalaran. For the unrelated mission from Warcraft II, see The Siege of Dalaran (WC2 Orc).
|The Siege of Dalaran|
|Result||Tactical Scourge victory|
|Previous||Blackrock & Roll, Too!|
|Next||Under the Burning Sky|
The Siege of Dalaran is chapter 7 of the Path of the Damned campaign.
The next morning, at the gates of Dalaran...
- 5 Sheep
- Slay the first Archmage
- Slay the second Archmage
- Slay Antonidas
Each of the three Archmagi who power the city's defensive shield have hidden somewhere within Dalaran's streets. You must charge into the city and slay each Archmage in order to bring down the crippling shield.
- Arthas, Kel'Thuzad, and the forces of the Scourge gather in front of the entrance to Dalaran.
- Lich King's death knights! I demand that you open your gates and surrender to the might of the Scourge! Arthas: Wizards of the Kirin Tor! I am Arthas, first of the
- Antonidas and two Knights ride up to greet the death knight.
- noble father? Antonidas: Greetings, Prince Arthas. How fares your
- Arthas: Lord Antonidas. There's no need to be snide.
- undead that pass through them. Antonidas: We've prepared for your coming, Arthas. My brethren and I have erected auras that will destroy any
- Antonidas swings his staff, and the auras in question become visible.
- Arthas: Your petty magics will not stop me, Antonidas.
- Antonidas: Pull your troops back, or we will be forced to unleash our full powers against you! Make your choice, death knight.
- Antonidas teleports himself and his Knights away.
- Kel'Thuzad: I sense that three separate wizards are maintaining these auras. If you find and kill them, the auras will disperse.
During the Mission
- Kel'Thuzad: The Archmage has been killed. The first aura is dispersing.
- Kel'Thuzad: The Kirin Tor keeps these creatures caged for studying. If they were to be released, they would cause our enemies a great deal of pain.
- Kel'Thuzad: The second wizard has fallen. Only one cursed aura remains.
- Kel'Thuzad: The wizards keep many enchanted items within that vault. Shatter it, and we can use their own weapons against them.
- Antonidas: It pains me to even look at you, Arthas.
- Arthas: I'll be happy to end your torment, old man. I told you that your magics could not stop me.
- Arthas kills Antonidas. He and Kel'Thuzad approach the Book of Medivh, which is hovering above a pedestal.
- Arthas: The spellbook is all yours, lich. Let's take it and leave before the wizards amass for their final attack.
- Archimonde at sunset. Kel'Thuzad: Indeed. I will begin summoning Lord
- Kel'Thuzad picks up the tome.
- 1 Death Knight
- 1 Lich
- Crypt Fiends
- Meat Wagons
- Frost Wyrms
- 2 Rock Golems
- 1 Ogre Mage
- 5 Black Spiders
- 2 Blue Drakes
- 6 Archmages
- Mortar Teams
- Gryphon Riders
- Water Elementals
- In the Reforged remaster, the map's layout has been changed somewhat.
- The main quest name and description updated. Now requires to kill three random archmages and then Antonidas in the Violet Citadel.
- New optional quest added - Violet Council. Description: Dalaran's elite council of nine is spread throughout the city summoning reinforcements, and guarding treasures. Crush them to ease your path to victory.