The Siege of Dalaran (WC3 Undead)
|It has been suggested that this article or section be split into two or more articles.
|Previous: Blackrock & Roll, Too!|
|Next: Under the Burning Sky|
|The Siege of Dalaran|
|Campaign: Path of the Damned|
|Outcome: Tactical Scourge victory|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Casualties and losses|
|template | talk | edit|
The Siege of Dalaran is chapter 7 of the Path of the Damned campaign.
- 5 Sheep
In preparation for the undead attack, a small group of wizards (which included Antonidas) prepared a special that would do damage to any undead that entered the city. Kel'thuzad however was able to sense them and revealed to Arthas that the auras causing the damage to the Scourge would disperse upon the death of the wizards. With a clear target in the mind for their mission of claiming the Book of Medivh, the Scourge began the invasion of the Dalaran and quickly slew the first wizard and freed the first level of Dalaran of the aura harming them. Additionally the Arthas and Kel'thuzad freed creatures that the Kirin Tor had caged for studying and they engaged the Kirin Tor in battle as well.
With their new unexpected allies in tow the Scourge was able to locate the second wizard (who had hidden himself) and destroy the second Kirin Tor outpost in the city. With the outpost destroyed the Scourge began to ready themselves for their final push against Antonidas. However while the first wizard was camped in the entrance of Dalaran and the second hidden (each with a few defenders), Antonidas had a whole army defending him as he kept up the final aura.
With no other course of action the Scourge engaged said army in battle and after a fierce intense battle the Scourge were victories, Antonidas slain, and the Book of Medivh in hands of Kel'thuzad.
- As Arthas demanded the Kirin Tor's surrender, came to greet him.
- Lich King's death knights! I demand that you open your gates and surrender to the might of the Scourge! Arthas: Wizards of the Kirin Tor! I am Arthas, first of the
- father? Antonidas: Greetings, Prince Arthas. How fares your noble
- Arthas: Lord Antonidas. There's no need to be snide.
- undead that pass through them! Antonidas: We've prepared for your coming, Arthas. My brethren and I have erected auras that will destroy any
- Arthas: Your petty magics will not stop me, Antonidas.
- Antonidas: Pull your troops back, or we will be forced to unleash our full powers against you! Make your choice, death knight.
- Antonidas teleports away.
- Kel'Thuzad: I sense that three separate wizards are maintaining these auras. If you find and kill them, the auras will disperse.
During the Mission
- Kel'Thuzad: The Archmage has been killed. The first aura is dispersing.
- Kel'Thuzad: The Kirin Tor keeps these creatures caged for studying. If they were to be released, they would cause our enemies a great deal of pain.
- Kel'Thuzad: The second wizard has fallen. Only one cursed aura remains.
- Kel'Thuzad: The wizards keep many enchanted items within that vault. Shatter it, and we can use their own weapons against them.
- Antonidas: It pains me to even look at you, Arthas.
- Arthas: I'll be happy to end your torment old man. I told you that your magics could not stop me. (Arthas kills Antonidas).
- Arthas and Kel'Thuzad retrieve the Book of Medivh.
- Arthas: The spellbook is all yours, lich. Let's take it and leave before the wizards amass for their final attack.
- Lord Archimonde at sunset. Kel'Thuzad: Indeed. I will begin summoning