The Silver Hand (quest)
98 - 110 (Requires 98)
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Completion
- 5 Gains
- 6 Notes
- 6.1 Stage 1: The Empty Camp
- 6.2 Stage 2: Clearing the Way
- 6.3 Stage 3: Keeper's Rest
- 6.4 Stage 4: The Broken Ritual
- 6.5 Stage 5: Into the Dark
- 6.6 Stage 6: The Maw of the Beast
- 6.7 Stage 7: Escaping the Prison
- 6.8 Stage 8: Aid to the Fallen
- 6.9 Stage 9: Something is Coming
- 6.10 Stage 10: Ritual Defense
- 6.11 Final Stage: The Silver Hand
- 7 Progression
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 External links
- (Optional) Take the Portal to Dalaran Crater
- Go to the marked location in Tirisfal Glades
- Claim the Silver Hand
- Return to Tyrosus
Too many know of its location, the tomb must be closed forever. First, we must reclaim the hammer.
Tyrosus has lent us a force to aid in the recovery of the hammer, and some of my order will meet us there as well, but I fear even that may not be enough. I'm glad we'll have you with us.
I am heartened at your successful quest. We have been waiting for you to return.
- 22,200 XP
- Quest accept
- Travard says: You can make your way there through the portal to Dalaran Crater. I will meet you there with additional forces.
- Travard says: Efrina, find your brother and rally at the tomb.
Stage 1: The Empty Camp
- Speak with Travard
- Travard says: Ah, there you are. The area was secured at great cost. This cannot continue, we must retrieve The Silver Hand and destroy the entrance to the tomb.
- Travard says: I will complete the ritual to release the Hammer and collapse the tomb, but we must be quick. I can sense evil emanating from the tomb.
- Travard says: You and I shall lead a small team in first. Let me know when you are ready.
Stage 2: Clearing the Way
- Go to the tomb of Tyr with Travard.
It's at this point that you should change your role to healing. Speak with Travard to then continue.
- Danger still lurks within the tomb. Curse all the meddlers! If you keep us alive, we will clear the way.
- I'm ready to enter.
- Travard says: Just a brief swim and we'll reach the tomb.
- Travard says: Behold the Tomb of Tyr, built by the mighty... wait! These monsters dare befoul the tomb?!
- Travard says: This cannot stand! Destroy these abominations!
- Travard says: It pains me to see such destruction threaten the resting place of the Silver Hand.
The NPCs won't immediately engage if you don't follow them. This can be a great way to heal them back to full before entering another fight.
Stage 3: Keeper's Rest
- Tyr's Crypt cleared
- Travard says: Look there! The sacred hammer's wards remain strong! First we must purge this infestation. Let me know when you are ready.
Speak with Travard.
- In order to enact the failsafe ritual we will need to clear the room. Say the word and I will begin.
- I'm ready to enter.
- Travard says: Watch yourselves! Let us cleanse this chamber!
After clearing the Tomb of Tyr:
- Travard says: Well done everyone, let's... Wait, what is that?
- G'norz the Crazed appears.
Stage 4: The Broken Ritual
- Listen to Travard.
- Travard walks to the raised platform in the center of the room.
- Travard says: At last we can begin! After the ritual is complete and we have the hammer, the complex will collapse, sealing Tyr's resting place forever.
- Travard says: Something is wrong. One of the other sparks isn't here!
- Travard says: Wait, I can sense it below, probably taken by one of those monsters. We must have it! We will begin the search when you are ready, champion.
- Travard dispels the void energies blocking the way.
Stage 5: Into the Dark
- Find the final piece to the ritual.
Speak with Travard again.
- We must venture further into the depths and find the spark, or this has all been for naught.
- I'm ready to enter.
- Travard says: Once we clear an area, reinforcements will secure it. Onward paladins!
- Travard yells: Argent Crusaders, secure this area! We will press on!
Don't worry about the barrier blocking the path.
- Travard says: I'll take care of this!
- Travard dispels the barrier.
You have one more pack of minor mobs to kill before moving on to the next stage.
Stage 6: The Maw of the Beast
- Kill the Horrific Aberration.
- Retrieve the ritual piece.
- Travard says: This chasm oozes darkness... Light protect us! That thing has what we need. Prepare yourselves, friends.
Recast Beacon of Light if it has fallen off of Travard. Speak with Travard when ready.
- This area is very unstable now thanks to the previous visitors. We need to kill that thing to get what we need, but I'm not sure what it will do to our surroundings.
- It would be best to kill it quick and get out of here. Say the word, <name>.
- I'm ready to enter.
- Travard yells: Destroy the monster! For the Light!
During the fight you will lose Duvall and Efrina.
- The aberration lets loose an explosion of void energy, killing Duvall and Efrina.
- Travard yells: NO! They are... gone!
Avoid the rotating beam of void energy, which inflicts heavy damage. You should have no other trouble finishing off the Horrific Aberration.
- Travard says: The last of my brothers and sisters. I am all that remains of the Tyr's Guard.
- Travard says: I have the Spark. The battle this place has seen has warped reality too much. We must finish this now.
Stage 7: Escaping the Prison
- Withdraw back to Tyr's crypt.
Stage 8: Aid to the Fallen
- Travard says: We have wounded! Aid them while I cover you!
- Mordoth the Hunter yells: Life... to consume...
Stage 9: Something is Coming
- Get up to the crypt.
- Travard says: A dark presence emerges from the void... something big! We need to move now!
- Travard says: Excellent, and with no time to waste. Let's move!
Stage 10: Ritual Defense
- Defend the crypt until the ritual is completed.
- Travard yells: Everything is in place for me to complete the ritual! All of you, defend the tunnel!
You will be aided by a full group this time, consisting of Helda the Breaker, Shieldbearer Anak, Kelissa Stilwell, and Lyanae. Keep them all up as long as it takes for the tracker bar to reach 100%. About midway through, the boss will make an entrance.
- Mordoth the Hunter says: Why... flee? The Void... inevitable...
- Travard yells: That thing is too powerful! Focus on staying alive and keep it at bay!
Final Stage: The Silver Hand
- Claim the Silver Hand.
- Travard yells: It is done. Quickly, <name>, take up the hammer! In so doing, you will ensure Tyr's remains are protected for all time!
The mobs will have been disoriented by Blinding Light, so go retrieve The Silver Hand. (Interestingly, the flavor text for the spell used on the mobs states, "The mistress of the skies protects her children with a fury unmatched even among the Ancients.")
- Travard yells: We have the hammer! Everyone, run! The tomb is collapsing!
- The paladins retreat to above-ground.
- Morgoth the Hunter yells: Your escape... means nothing. Will find you again...
Back at the camp:
- Travard says: Apologies for the hasty retreat! The tomb's collapse was triggered by the hammer's removal.
- Travard says: Though his halls are no more, Tyr is now protected by several tons of stone and water. The prison is buried as well.
- Travard says: I can think of no one better to hold the Silver Hand, wield it well. Return to Tyrosus and tell him of our success. We will meet again.
- Complete all of:
- The Highlord's Command (see disambig page)
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.