The Singing Pools (quest)
5 (Requires 1)
It is crucial that we bring all of the three remaining spirits back safely. I am too old to do this myself, and for all their strengths, both Aysa and Ji are single-minded in their ideals.
You possess all the qualities of a hero, and a balance that they do not. It is you that must do this.
Shu, the spirit of water is somewhere in the singing pools to the east. Find Aysa there and work with her to locate him. We are all depending on you.
It's good to see you again, <name>.
This is the pool of the skunk, as I'm sure you noticed.
Over the many ages of Shen-zin Su, animals have died in some of these magical pools. Through their deaths, their spirits were infused into the waters, and anyone touching those waters will take their form.
There are several cursed pools here, some more dangerous than others.
- Cai says: Hey there! Are you the one that brought back the fire spirit?
- Deng says: Was he hot? I bet he was hot!
- Cai says: Of course he was hot! Don't be dumb, Deng.
- Deng says: I bet you're really strong, huh? You could probably kick that bridge right in half if you wanted to!
- Cai says: Nuh uh. Bet they could for sure kick you over that hill, though! Hah!
- Cai says: Okay bye.
- Deng says: Bye!
Along the way to Aysa is Jojo Ironbrow, a monk surrounded by many Mesmerized Children and Excited Onlookers. Speak with him to pick up . Don't go out of the way to find the quest items he is looking for just yet.
- The cursed pools that turn people into the animals that died there is a reference to the manga Ranma ½.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.