The Song of the Yaungol (quest)
90 (Requires 90)
+2850 The Lorewalkers
Your research in to the yaungol has proven most insightful.
If you visit us at the Seat of Knowledge in Vale of Eternal Blossoms we can add this contribution to your personal collection.
Thank you for your diligence!
The yaungol are a warring people strengthened by their exile beyond the wall. We will add this knowledge to your collection. If you wish me to narrate this for you, simply point at the correct volume in your Private Collection.
- 236000 XP
- +2850 reputation with The Lorewalkers
Upon completion of the Pandaria exploration achievement, Lorewalker Cho sends a letter via the in-game mail system. The letter has an item attached that starts this quest. See the achievement for more details.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Fire! It is the most magical of elements. It warms us, it cooks our food. It is the hearthfire that makes a house a home. In the right hands, fire can shape iron into swords or plowshares. Left uncontrolled, fire could destroy a city.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Fire is the instrument of change.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Long ago, a group of sturdy nomad hunters wandered the world. By a stroke of fate, they were here in Pandaria when the Sundering split apart the continents of Azeroth. The wanders found themselves trapped in the Townlong Steppes, a harsh and dangerous land.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Those noble hunters found a way to survive on their own. Fire was the key. They drew up oil from the ground. They used it to heat their homes, cook their food, and burn their enemies. They grew STRONG.
- Lorewalker Cho says: From the flames of fate, the yaungol were born. They survive beyond the wall, for they refuse to submit to any law but their own.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Has fate been cruel to the yaungol? You may as well ask if fire is good or bad.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Fate is like fire; it can shape or destroy us.
- Lorewalker Cho says: All that matters is what you do with it.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.