The Sunken Vault (quest)
110 (Requires 110)
- Submarine taken to the Sunken Vault
- Sunken Vault explored
Brann's got a vessel waitin' for ye, of the coast of Azsuna. Of course, I'll be accompanying ye as well, for cataloguing purposes. Can't go and let a chance like this go to waste!
Ta be one o' tha first to step foot in a lost Titan vault, it gives me tha chills!
Tis our greatest honor ta present ye with this steed, High Priest. An' thank ye for leading us, ye truly are blessed by the Light, an' so are all of us for havin' ye.
- 1,650 XP
- Quest accept
- Brann Bronzebeard says: I borrowed a small submarine from friends o' mine in the Explorers' League. We'll be embarkin' off the coast o' Azsuna as soon as ye can join us, High Priest.
- Brann Bronzebeard
- We think the lost titan vault lies just northeast of the Maelstrom. Shouldn't take us long to find out.
- Are ye ready, High Priest?
- I am ready to head to the Maelstrom.
Stage 1: A Call from the Depths
- Locate the lost Titan vault near the Maelstrom.
- Betild Deepanvil says: Sea's calm so far, even this close to the Maelstrom.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: So, brother... the planet, Azeroth, she just sorta... told ye to come here?
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Not so much in words. 'Tis more... feelin's... but not like feelin's ye or I would have.
- Betild Deepanvil says: Now what does that even mean?
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Well, let's say ye're a world soul, eh? What sorta feelin's do ye suppose ye'd have? Sometimes ye feel like a crumblin' mountain range, an' sometimes ye feel like a deep, dark sea. I dunno exactly how ta' describe it.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: So... she sorta 'felt' at ye, that ye should come here?
- Magni Bronzebeard says: It felt... like a sunrise.
- Betild Deepanvil says: We're coming up ta what appears ta be the vault entrance.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Commencin' dockin' procedures.
- The submarine emerges into a Lightless Cavern.
Stage 2: The Lost Observatory
- Enter the Titan vault.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Whoa, that's a large door! Gotta be a lever around here somewhere, though. There's always a lever!
- Brann proceeds to look for a lever on both sides of the door.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Revola ruk maez amir.
- The door to the Primordial Observatory opens, causing Betild to laugh.
- Betild Deepanvil says: Well, I suppose ye don't need ta be lookin' fer levers and switches n'more, Brann!
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Bit of a shame, that.
- The dwarves and the priest adventurer enter what appears to be an observatory.
- Betild Deepanvil says: A lost titan vault... kept in immaculate condition? This be one fer the record books! What d'ye suppose be in these bubbles, eh?
Stage 3: Custodial Matters
- Activate the console to power up the custodian.
- Console activated
- Magni Bronzebeard says: They must be activated simultaneously. High Priest, would ye do the honors?
Go to the console on the right side of the room and activate it.
Stage 4: The Seekers
- Listen to the custodian's story.
- Caretaker WH12-B4NG says: Systems active. Visitors detected.
- Caretaker WH12-B4NG says: Life form scan in progress.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Oh, I know sure enough what this is gonna lead to! Weapons up!
- The mechagnome scans Brann.
- Caretaker WH12-B4NG says: No essential life forms detected. Resuming scan.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Now what do ye mean by that? Not essential? Me? You're 'not essential,' ye wee little...
- It moves on to Magni.
- Caretaker WH12-B4NG says: Speaker status verified. Welcome, Speaker. Have you come to retrieve the seekers?
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Seekers... yes, that must be what she meant when she directed me ta this place. She wanted us to find these creatures.
- Betild Deepanvil says: Uh, Mister Custodian, what in the name o' the Forge is a Seeker?
- Caretaker WH12-B4NG says: Allow me to show you.
- Caretaker WH12-B4NG says: Designation: Seeker. Feral creatures infused with the Light by the Shapers. The finest specimens were selected from herds and trained to serve the watchers, speeding them to sites of corruption in accordance with containment protocols.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Herds, ye say? We've never seen a one! How many of 'em remain?
- Caretaker WH12-B4NG says: Accessing... Current count of known Seekers: three.
- Betild Deepanvil says: Only the three here, then?
- Magni Bronzebeard says: So, what happened to 'em?
- Caretaker WH12-B4NG says: Invasive corruptive entities have bombarded this planet since its shaping. Attrition due to combat fatalities gradually reduced the numbers of Seekers. Now, only these are known to remain.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: These noble creatures protected us before we even knew how ta protect ourselves...
- Caretaker WH12-B4NG says: Alert! Void energies detected. Initiating sanitation protocol.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Oh blazes! Not again!
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Again? Ye've done this before, brother?
- Brann Bronzebeard says: More than once! Yer the big important Speaker. Can ye shut it off, then?
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Err... Stop it, then, will ye?
- Caretaker WH12-B4NG says: Unable to comply. Sanitation protocol cannot be aborted. Visitors may be in a corrupted state. If you are hearing whispers of unknown origin, please step directly into the searing light.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Lotta good that did! Well, here we go!
Final Stage: Constructs Awaken
- Defend yourself against the vault's defense mechanisms.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: I sense some corruption amongst my brethren. Watch yerself fer purification.
The second group consists of Holy Lightspawns, which can be quickly dealt with if your specialization has .
- Betild Deepanvil says: Spawns o' Light, barely of this world. A good dispel should dissipate 'em.
The final type of mob activates at this point, the Vault Sentinels. Avoid their AoE.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: O' course the big ones would come ta life, too. Watch yerselves!
The rest of the fighting is composed of a mix of the three mob types. Brann, Betild, and Magni will talk some more during and after the fighting.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: We're not done yet!
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Least there's no giant eye lasers this time, eh?
- Betild Deepanvil says: By my troth, this'll be the last time I go adventurin' with a Bronzebeard!
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Many'll come this time. The machine surges with the Light.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: An' that's the last of em'. Gonna hope that's the last time I end up in this situation...
- Betild Deepanvil says: Hmm, the custodian be powerin' down. Might be this chamber expended all its energy.
- Betild Deepanvil says: No one's left ta look after these poor creatures!
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Yer wrong about that, lass. 'Tis why Azeroth called me... called us... here.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: She knew it wouldn't be long before the void o'ertook this chamber. She knew who would protect these creatures an' use 'em in service of the Light.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: 'Tis ye, High Priest.
- Betild Deepanvil says: Agreed. High Priest, give us time ta scribe 'em into the annals o' the Light. We'll meet up at Netherlight Temple.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: I can take ye back whenever yer ready, High Priest.
As noted, speak to Brann to return to Dalaran.
- Are ye ready to leave, High Priest? Just gimme the word an' I'll point the sub back towards Dalaran.
- I am ready to head back to Dalaran.
- Patch 7.2.0 (2017-03-28): Added.