The Terrors of Iso'rath
84 (Requires 84)
+250 Earthen Ring
Rescue Hargoth Dimblaze, Earthmender Duarn, Stormcaller Jalara, and Stormcaller Mylra.
Return to the safety of the other shaman if Iso'rath's defenses are eating away at you.
We need you! You were stuck in some kind of nightmare. So are many of the other shaman.
It doesn't matter... our plan is falling apart. Some of our shaman are channeling protective auras that should combat the digestive juices and keep you alive, but we need you to rescue the other shaman from the tentacles. We won't be able to defeat Iso'rath without them!
Don't stay out in the stomach without the other shaman for too long or you'll be digested alive!
The battle is not over. The shaman within Iso'rath need you!
United with the Earthen Ring, we can survive the horrors of Iso'rath. Now it is time to turn our vengeance upon him!
This quest automatically accepts. A new bar appears near the bottom of the screen, slowly filling from left to right. This reflects the state of Digestive Corrosion: Being slowly digested by Iso'rath. Damage increases as the meter increases.
The only way players can decrease the meter is by getting inside one of the healing bubbles, which also restore 4412 health a second. Circle around the interior counterclockwise and kill the tentacles to free the other shaman, who will join the player. Start with the non-elite tentacle just to the player's northeast: A level 84 tentacle with 128k health, holding Stormcaller Jalara:
- That foul thing got stains all over my new robes!
- We command the power of the elements. Storm, Earth and Fire! I'd never dress like an oversized chicken and shoot moon beams from the sky.
- I think I saw something like this on the Exodar once...
- Shaman and druid ways are very different. When was the last time you saw one of us turn into a wild beast? ... nevermind.
- Many confuse the Earthen Ring with the Cenarion Circle. ...I TOLD Thrall we should rename ourselves the "Earthen Square".
- I command the power of the storm. It sounds impressive, but you wake up with static cling every morning.
Head north to the next tentacle, a level 84 tentacle with 128k health, holding Earthmender Duarn:
- I'm... so... dizzy.
- Few truly understand the shamanistic connection to the earth. It binds wounds, protects us from harm.
- To restore life is to restore the natural order of the elements.
- Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.
- I fail to understand why they banned totemic cleansing. No one was ever in range, anyways.
Keep circling to the northwest to a level 84 elite tentacle with 257k health, holding Hargoth Dimblaze:
- I thought for sure I was going to be this smelly beast's dinner!
- Thanks fer saving me, laddie. I had a horrible vision. I was trapped in a cave of flame, forced to drop totems and heal irate warriors for years on end without seeing a single piece of shaman gear.
- Other shaman used to say, "Only yer offhand should be flaming." What were they going on about?
- Do ye know how hard it was to find a set of weapons that matched me armor?
- I can't wait to smash that old god brain between me fists!
Finally, keep circling to the southwest to deal with a level 84 elite tentacle with 515k health, holding Stormcaller Mylra:
- Thanks fer savin' me! When you passed out, I thought we were done fer!
- It's about time we returned to the Highlands! "Twilight" be damned.
- When I said we should strike at the heart of the beast, going through it's stomach isn't what I had in mind...
- I had a terrible vision - the sky was blotted out and there was dirt everywhere. ...I thought I'd gone back to Deepholm.
- The power of the elements is strong here. Little wonder this is where they chose to summon a servant of the old gods.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.