The Third Riddle: Strength
90 (Requires 90)
Defeat the Challenger at the Tiger Temple.
- Challenger defeated
The mallet you seek is not a toy for children,
It calls trouble like the song of a siren.
A test of strength the Monkey King will require,
Before you receive this tool of your desire.
At the Temple of the White Tiger you will find
A challenger to test how well you are resigned
Step through the main door and then turn right down the ramp
Challenge the ook waiting for you there like a champ!
Sometimes biggest wikket is biggest coward.
Why engage in duelery? Why engage in foolery?
You ask the Monkey King for an artifact of power, I have to make sure when the time comes you will not cower. One tough dooker you think you might ookin be, but against mogu, many will turn and flee.
- 236000 XP
- +150 reputation with Operation: Shieldwall
- I will try to lead the "King" back to Lion's Landing and see if I can't persuade him to volunteer the information we need. In the meantime, I would say try to solve his riddles and meet us there.
The Temple of the White Tiger, location of the third riddle, is closest, so head there first. Exit the Tomb of Conquerors and fly southeast to reach the tiger temple. Fly to the main building and stop at the entrance. Immediately inside, at is a ramp leading down to the right. Inside is... The Monkey King? Speak with him:
- Ha! Didn't expect to see me here did you? The Monkey King does not delegate duelery! Now, are you hero? Or are you wikket?
- I challenge you.
- The Monkey King says: Okee dokee! Let's see what you got.
The Monkey King here is a boss-level hozen with 787,882 health. Finish him off:
- The Monkey King says: Eek! Quick, strong, dangerous. You know how to stick it. I no longer afraid you just some filthy wikket.
- The Monkey King says: Solve the other riddles, I am demanding! And then meet me down south at Lion's Landing.
Jade Forest is next closest, so head east in that direction. The Shrine of Fellowship is in northwestern Jade Forest, between Honeydew Village, Grookin Hill, and the Tian Monastery. There at the shrine at is a huge bell and a small mallet resting on its northern support. Interact with it to ring the bell, summoning Sam the Wise:
- Sam the Wise says: Ah, so there is one who wishes to taste the might of the Metal Brew?
- Sam the Wise says: It's flavor is intended for friends to share after a battle. Come... friend... and battle me if you dare.
- Sam the Wise yells: Glory to the brave!
Sam the Wise is a level 90 male pandaren with 787,882 health. Finish him off:
- Sam the Wise says: Well done, hero! I yield to your might.
- Sam the Wise says: Enjoy this well-earned brew. The recipe has been in my family for over ten thousand years. Once enjoyed by the Monkey King himself, they say.
- Sam the Wise steps over to A Keg of Metal Brew and takes some to drink.
Interact with the Keg and collect some of . Finally, head southwest to Dread Wastes. It may be quicker to run by Lion's Landing, turn in, and then take the portal to the Skyfire to cut off some travel time. Just north of the main scorpid camp on the Chittering Coast just inside the wall at is a piece of . Interact with it to spawn an Untamed Ambertail, a level 90 scorpid with 787,882 health. Kill it and loot the Untamed Amber from it.
Head back to Lion's Landing once all three riddles are solved.
- Operation: Shieldwall dailies unlocked →
- Friendly 950/6,000:
- Friendly 4,900/6,000:
- Honored 2,850/12,000:
- Honored 6,800/12,000:
- Honored 10,750/12,000:
- Revered 2,700/21,000:
- Revered 6,650/21,000:
- Revered 8,900/21,000:
- Revered 14,500/21,000:
- Revered 18,500/21,000:
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Added.