The Thunder King (quest)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.2.0.
90 (Requires 90)
+10 The Black Prince
The Thunder King is one of two optional breadcrumbs to the Patch 5.2 portion of Wrathion's legendary quest chain. Though the breadcrumb quests are optional, players must have completed the Patch 5.0 and Patch 5.1 portions of his quest, and / respectively, before he will start the Patch 5.2 portion of his quest.
Over the course of this portion of the story, Wrathion's champion must reach exalted standing with him by killing mogu, saurok, Zandalari trolls, and members of the opposing faction on the Isle of Thunder, acquire twenty from raid bosses in the Throne of Thunder, unlock the Thunder Forge, and kill the world boss Nalak. Wrathion will then offer his champion a legendary meta gem in , before asking for twelve Titan Runestones, which are found on the last six bosses in the Throne of Thunder.
Are you aware of recent events in Kun-Lai Summit? The Zandalari have landed on the northern shores in great numbers and have set about renewing old alliances. To that end, they have resurrected the Thunder King.
Even among the mogu, the name of the first emperor commands awe and fear. The Thunder King founded a vast empire of slavery and suffering... but also of power, riches, and splendor.
We will take the fight to him soon. Find me when your faction makes its move.
There's nothing more we can do... for the moment.
Contact me as soon as your allies make a move against the Thunder King. You and I will have front row seats!
You and I can stand to benefit form the situation, <name>. I have a few ideas...
- 23600 XP
- +10 reputation with The Black Prince
- Tong the Fixer says: <Class>, if you are looking for the Black Prince, you will find him upstairs.
- Wrathion claims to be the last living black dragon. Do you think that's true?
- He's got the most curious outlook on the world. I can't decide if he thinks human life is precious or expendable! I do enjoy talking with him, however.
- What happened to your leg? Are you wounded?
- Oh, this? <Anduin indicates his crutch.>
- Garrosh Hellscream tried to use an ancient mogu artifact to summon and control sha energy. I found a way to stop him, but probably shouldn't have confronted him on my own. He thought I was dead when he left me buried under the wreckage of his failed plan. I swear he shattered every bone in my body.
- The pandaren mistweavers got me back on my feet again, but it may be some time before I can walk without assistance.
- How can you trust a black dragon, after what they put your family through?
- You know of our history with the black dragonflight, do you? I won't soon forget what Lady Prestor - Onyxia - did to my family. Maybe that's why I sought Wrathion out.
- <Anduin peers across the table at his unusual companion.>
- But.. he's not like other black dragons, is he? He's completely honest and yet always hiding something. Not at all what I expected.
So does Dezco:
- <The tauren paladin looks you up and down, as if sizing up your intentions.>
- I mean you no hostility, <class>. The human prince and I met at the Temple of the White Tiger, and he often seeks me out to talk about my Chieftain, Baine, and to discuss matters of war and peace.
- <The paladin and the Prince's bodyguards periodically exchange distrustful glances at one another.>
The guards have this to say:
- The King wanted Prince Anduin to stay in the Vale until he recovered. But the Prince insists on wandering around talking to people. What are we to do when a Prince wants to disobey his King?
- Best to stay close and keep him out of trouble.
Patch 5.0 - Mists of Pandaria
Patch 5.1 - Landfall
Patch 5.2 - The Thunder King
Patch 5.3 - Escalation
Patch 5.4 - Siege of Orgrimmar
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Completion text and events added. New players will instead receive .
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Added.