The Traitor's True Name
91 (Requires 90)
+250 Council of Exarchs
- Plant the Focusing Lens
- Reveal the Traitor
- Deal with the Traitor
We must give the traitor no place to hide. I have a focusing lens that will illuminate cloaked fel energy. If it were placed on a high point, it could act like a beacon, lighting up anyone in town who reeks of the fel taint.
There is a prayer circle atop the Exarch's Rise to the north that will serve our purpose. Plant the focusing lens, <name>. If you reveal anything, deal with it. Then meet me below.
You will receive one of:
What happened up there?
Head northwest from Maladaar's position, up the highest hill of the area. Up top in the center of the area, find Exarch Othaar:
- Othaar is kneeling in front of the shrine. At your approach, he greets you as he stands and walks near the center.
- Exarch Othaar says: Ahh, it's you. Trust me, friend, I will handle this. You may go.
Interact with the ghostly Maladaar's Focusing Lens object:
- Othaar becomes concerned, grows insistent, then angry.
- Exarch Othaar says: What is that? Is that Maladaar's work? No no, you don't need to do that. He is not to be trusted.
Finish the cast:
- Othaar is knocked on his rear; he's covered with fel energy!
- Exarch Othaar says: Damn him. I thought I'd gotten rid of Maladaar when I gave him up to the Iron Horde.
- Exarch Othaar says: Yes, I had Hataaru killed. And you are next.
- Othaar turns hostile.
Attack him. At 75%:
- Exarch Othaar says: I am not the traitor here. It was the false prophet Velen who betrayed our people.
At 60%, Othaar goes immune for a few seconds:
- Exarch Othaar says: I serve our true master now. The legion whose call I once denied.
- Exarch Othaar says: My Lord Sargeras will scorch this pathetic world, as he has countless others.
Keep attacking. At 40%:
- Exarch Othaar says: I have sworn the sacrament. I have taken my new name... Socrethar.
- Successfully kills player
- Exarch Othaar says: The Legion's power is unsurpassed.
- He turns, revealing his true form as Socrethar, an elite with full health!
- Socrethar says: There are others at my command. In Shattrath and Auchindoun.
- Get him to 60%.
- Socrethar says: Enough! When next we meet, it will be on MY terms.
- Socrethar channels Demonic Rift to escape.
- Socrethar says: Tell the remaining exarchs to number their days.
- Successfully kills player
- He laughs.
- Socrethar says: The Legion will prevail.
<The Exarch listens to your tale, his face contorting into concern, grief, and finally anger.>
So Othaar has lost his way. "Socrethar" he calls himself now. At last we have our answer. I fear my capture at the hands of the Iron Horde was his doing. There may be other traitors amongst us - I must hurry back to Auchindoun and make sure we are safe.
In the meantime, I believe the Exarchs owe you a decision...
- 17290 XP
- +250 Council of Exarchs reputation
This concludes the "The Pursuit of Justice" portion of . However, Exarch Naielle offers one last quest, to gain a Garrison Follower.
Optional Garrison Follower conclusion:
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-11-15): "Resolved an issue that could cause players to be unable to complete the quest."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.