The Trial at the Temple
98 - 110 (Requires 98)
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Completion
- 5 Gains
- 6 Notes
- 6.1 Stage 1: Crisis in the Temple
- 6.2 Stage 2: Checking Out
- 6.3 Stage 3: Hungering for Revenge
- 6.4 Stage 4: Down But Not Out
- 6.5 Stage 5: Death From Above
- 6.6 Stage 6: The Battle of the Serpent
- 6.7 Stage 7: On Fel Wings
- 6.8 Stage 8: Fu Zan, the Wanderer's Companion
- 6.9 Final Stage: The Wanderer Awakens
- 7 Progression
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 External links
- Enter the Temple of the Jade Serpent
- Obtain Fu Zan
My staff was strong and mighty without peer, but since I not its master, in time it would soon disappear.
The staff was a gift from the Jade Serpent, Yu'lon, but for only a single task. With my work finished, to her again it has passed.
Yu'lon be the staff's keeper, holding it for those who are blessed. To her we now go now, to announce your request.
I knew you'd succeed, <name>. I'm honored to be at your service.
- 22,200 XP
Speak to The Monkey King to enter the scenario.
- Time to get slerpin' and grookin', King say. Get busy! It best if we start right away.
- Let's go to the Temple.
Stage 1: Crisis in the Temple
- You've entered the temple grounds. Meet with The Monkey King and prepare to head deeper into the complex.
- Speak with Master Windstrong
- The Monkey King says: Whatever happened to this place? It put sad look on wikket's face.
- Master Windstrong says: Help, masters! Demons are ransacking the temple!
- Master Windstrong says: The Jade Serpent fights the invaders inside while we hold the gate for survivors to escape. Several scribes are missing, and I fear the worst. Please, help us!
- The Monkey King says: Yu'lon's strong as a mountain and quick as a bee, but even a mountain's worn down by the sea.
- The Monkey King says: These walls right here look easy to climb! Jade Serpent's the one the King go to find.
- Master Windstrong says: <Name>, we're counting on you to rescue our scribes!
Stage 2: Checking Out
- Impling Pillager says: Hey! You're not supposed to be here.
- Impling Pillager says: Hmm... medium or well-done?
- Impling Pillager says: Another morsel has come to say, hello.
- Impling Pillager says: Quickly, grab them!
- Impling Pillager says: Help! Baddies here!
- The scribes
- Yu'lon Scribe says: Thank you. I will not forget this!
- Yu'lon Scribe says: Oh, thank you, thank you!
- Yu'lon Scribe says: Thank you. I will not forget this!
- Yu'lon Scribe says: You saved my life!
Stage 3: Hungering for Revenge
- A powerful demon has killed Lorewalker Stonestep! Avenge his death and look for any further survivors.
- Belphiar slain
Avoid standing in Belphiar's AoE.
- Belphiar says: Another mind to feed upon!
Stage 4: Down But Not Out
- Priestess Summerpetal revived
- Priestess Summerpetal says: Ugh... Oh, my head!
- Priestess Summerpetal says: Thank you, hero. I would have been that monster's next meal!
- Priestess Summerpetal says: Oh, Stonestep... your sacrifice will not be in vain!
Stage 5: Death From Above
- Monkey King followed
- The Monkey King yells: Hey wikket, come here! Great danger is near!
Follow Priestess Summerpetal to find the Monkey King.
- The Monkey King says: Get movin', wikket! Yu'lon be in trouble. Let's get to her side and give aid on the double!
- The Monkey King pauses as he espies a Legion ship.
- The Monkey King says: Ooo, that no look good! Come, wikket, this way. There's greenies about, but we've no time to play.
- Priestess Summerpetal says: I'm coming too!
Stage 6: The Battle of the Serpent
- Yu'lon, the Jade Serpent, has been injured! Defend her from the demonic attackers!
- Yu'lon Must Survive
- Legion Attackers Defeated
- Yu'lon says: You should not be here, little ones. The Burning Legion's attacks are relentless. Even I have suffered many wounds.
- The Monkey King says: Jade Serpent taught me: king do what king must. We not gonna leave you. There's greenies to bust!
- Yu'lon says: Prepare yourself, our foes are approaching!
You'll fight several waves of demons here. It is possible to do this as DPS, but you will need to keep using cooldowns such as and for crowd control. Remember to use to cleanse the disease debuff and to heal yourself from time to time.
- The Monkey King says: Look out! Greenies comin' fast! Grook 'em! Make this day their last!
- Priestess Summerpetal says: Another group! They can't keep coming forever... can they?
Once the final wave has been dealt with, Yu'lon will have recovered.
- Yu'lon yells: I AM RENEWED! Come, little ones. Let us put an end to this invasion!
Stage 7: On Fel Wings
- The Eredar Lord Korithis is attacking the temple! Stop him!
- Lord Korithis Defeated
- Lord Korithis yells: Your mortal allies will not help you, little snake! Your doom is at hand!
- Yu'lon says: Heroes, your fight is with Korithis. I'll protect you from his winged monstrosity.
Avoid standing in any AoE that's lobbed at you.
- Lord Korithis says: Haha! So be it! Come, mortals, your death awaits!
- Lord Korithis says: This changes nothing... your world... will... burn!
Stage 8: Fu Zan, the Wanderer's Companion
- Fu Zan reclaimed
- Yu'lon says: You have learned well how to fight these creatures, but this will be only one of many battles.
- Yu'lon says: This is Fu Zan. Take it. May it shield you in the dark times ahead.
Final Stage: The Wanderer Awakens
- Flight to the Wandering Isle taken
- The Monkey King says: Wooo-hoo, wikket, that's the way! Grooked the greenies, saved the day!
- The Monkey King says: The weapon's blessin' don't come free. With courage face your destiny!
- Yu'lon says: Fu Zan has has chosen a new companion. Great deeds and great trials await you, little one. For now, you should return home to rest and prepare for what is to come.
- Yu'lon says: As a token of my gratitude, allow me to see you home.
Speak to Yu'lon to secure a flight.
- Are you ready to return to Shen-zin Su?
- It would be an honor.
- After dropping off the monk adventurer, Yu'lon says goodbye.
- Yu'lon says: Fare well, little one.
- Level 98
- Acquire the chosen artifact:
- Brewmaster ()
- Mistweaver ()
- Windwalker (Fists of the Heavens ( and ))
- Level 101
- Level 102
- Level 103
- Level 110
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.