The Vengeful Harbinger
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.3.3.
65 (Requires 63)
250 Lower City
Before I left Shattrath I was given a draenei tomb relic. It can be used near the Ancient Draenei Altar deep within the Tomb of Lights to summon a tomb guardian. This creature will activate the altar and will begin to purge the tomb of corrupt spirits, freeing them to ascend. Protect the tomb guardian until the ritual is complete.
You have saved us all. What can we do to thank you?
You cannot know what you have done here <name>. You have saved so many of us from an eternity of darkness. There is little that I can do for the living and nothing that I could give that would thank you enough. Take what seems useful to you.
- Go to the bottom of the Tomb of Lights, straight down the passages to the far end.
- Clear any pesky ethereals you find, or don't. Any left alive in the room will be zapped dead shortly after the event starts, and will not respawn for the duration. Be careful after the event ends, though, as they will all respawn almost immediately.
- Activate the Tomb Relic at the circular area at the end. A wisp-like apparition will appear and float to the top of the arching pillars, which will start energy arcing between them.
- The Guardian will appear, and the hall will fill with small wisp-motes. Ghostly Draenei will be pulled from the coffins and walls to the Guardian, who will purge them.
- Within a minute or so, 3 vengeful spirits will appear at the far end of the hall and walk towards the guardian. You must defeat these.
- A short while later, 3 more will appear. (This is timed; you may still be fighting the first 3.)
- And a short while after that, the Vengeful Harbinger itself will appear. (Again, believed to be timed.) As with the other spirits, he will walk towards the guardian. Unlike with the other spirits, the Guardian will take a few steps out of his circle towards the Harbinger.
- Presumably, you must defeat the Harbinger. (He is targettable, so the assumption is that this is not a fixed script.)
- When the Harbinger has been defeated, the Guardian will approach the body. A huge zap of electricity between them, and the guardian will fall to the floor. The Harbinger, though, will arise from the "body", float to the circle, and be purged.
- Shortly thereafter, small pink motes will dance around the circle for perhaps half a minute. Following this, a pink Draenei image will appear.
- You have perhaps 30 seconds in which to "talk to" this image, select your reward, and complete the quest before the image disappears again. (Do Not Dawdle!)