The Weak Link
50 (Requires 50)
Break the Runecarver free.
- Break the Chain
This ought to be enough to break the bonds that hold your newfound ally.
<Ve'nari pauses for a moment.>
Before you do so, I offer a word of warning.
No creature imprisoned in that place should be trusted. Tread carefully, mortal.
After all, it would be a shame to lose so valuable a business partner.
It's good to remember something new again.
Freedom. Of a sort. Yes... this is good. You have my thanks.
What was it you wanted? Ah, power. Yes. Very well, then.
Back into Torghast, south to the oubliette, and speak with the Runecarver:
- Did you a discover a way to free me?
I've found a way, but we only have one shot at it. Let's get you free!
A cutscene plays as the Maw Walker channels the anima into the Runecarver's right shackle, freeing that hand before the item shatters.
- Runecarver says: Yes... Yes! Bonds weakening...
- Runecarver says: A taste... of freedom. A place to start.
Speak with Runecarver again:
- Have you recovered any more of my memories?
- The more you find, the more both of us shall benefit.
- I'd like to craft a legendary item.
- I'd like to upgrade my legendary item.
- Beta description
- This ought to be enough to create a hole in something. If you're looking to break that prisoner free from their chains I bid you a warning, Maw-Walker.
- No creature imprisoned in this place can be trusted. Tread carefully.
- Beta completion
- You've done me a great service, Maw Walker. I am at your disposal.
- Now, onto more important matters. Allow me to explain my process and what I'll need from you.
- Patch 9.0.2 (TBD): Added.