The Zandalari Prophecy (quest)
90 (Requires 90)
+2850 The Lorewalkers
Bring The Zandalari Prophecy to Lorewalker Cho.
I have read your reports on the Zandalari and believe I have some clues as to their most recent aggression.
Thank you for your diligence!
No wonder the Zandalari have come. They are in need of a new home, and I am sure their mogu allies have promised them much.
We will add this knowledge to your personal collection. If you wish me to narrate this for you, simply point at the correct volume in your Private Collection.
- 236000 XP
- +2850 reputation with The Lorewalkers
Upon completion of the Pandaria exploration achievement, Lorewalker Cho sends a letter via the in-game mail system. The letter has an item attached that starts this quest. See the achievement for more details.
- Lorewalker Cho says: It is said the God King Rastakhan, ruler of the Zandalari, lords over his mighty kingdom from a throne carved of solid gold.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Years ago, as he sat on his opulent seat of power, he was visited by his most trusted prophet: Zul.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Zul warned King Rastakhan of a terrible Cataclysm. For Zul had seen a vision a great armored dragon clenching the world with his ferocious jaws.
- Lorewalker Cho says: King Rastakhan did nothing.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Months later, Zul returned, bearing more grim news from his visions. He saw a legion of serpents pouring forth from a gaping fissure that tore open the floor of the ocean.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Still, King Rastakhan did nothing.
- Lorewalker Cho says: Finally, mere months before the Cataclysm, Zul returned. Tearing his clothes and throwing his staff on the ground. Zul spoke of earthquakes and tidal waves.
- Lorewalker Cho says: He described the golden capital of Zandalar slowly sinking beneath the waves in the aftermath of the Cataclysm. Its once-great people drowning as their mighty works slipped forever beneath the sea.
- Lorewalker Cho says: King Rastakhan tired of Zul and his troubling nightmares. To be rid of the prophet, he granted Zul the use of his largest ships, so that he and his followers could seek a new land if his visions came to pass.
- Lorewalker Cho says: And his visions DID come to pass.
- Lorewalker Cho says: When Deathwing rose from the Maelstrom, dark, angry waves crashed onto the Zandalari capital. The spine of the land broke in two, and soon, the city and all its riches began to slide into the hungry sea.
- Lorewalker Cho says: The Zandalari people turned to their King for help, but there was only one Zandalari equipped to help them: the prophet Zul. The prophet, and the mighty warfleet he had assembled while his King sat idle.
- Lorewalker Cho says: You see, the TRUE power of kings and emperors stems from the power to aid their people.
- Lorewalker Cho says: The moment they fall, they cede their power to the one who can.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.