Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Thondroril River forms a natural boundary between the Western and Eastern Plaguelands. The spring of this river is located in the current closed area known as Northern Lordaeron and runs from near the Terrorweb Tunnel to the north and empties out into Darrowmere Lake to the south. South of the lake it becomes the Darrowmere River.
- Earlier maps show a river flowing from Lake Abassi south into Darrowmere Lake called the Greenrush River, which may be the same river as this but Quel'Thalas was attached too far east to show this in WoW. One explanation to this problem may be that Thondroril may be Thalassian for "Greenrush", although it is even possible that the Thondroril River and the Greenrush River are two different and independent rivers indicating that the Greenrush River still has not been implemented in the game.
- The Warcraft II mission "The Prisoners" depicts a river between Stratholme to the north and Darrowmere Lake to the south. It could have been the Thondroril River.
- During the Second War, Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner led their forces aboard ships to Quel'Thalas. They could not enter the elven land, however, so they disembarked near Stratholme. Although not named in the book, the only river in the proximity of Stratholme is Thondroril. As such, it could be speculated that Thondroril is also present in Quel'Thalas.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Flight master moved across the bridge to the Eastern Plaguelands.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): The Thondroril River received a neutral flight master, Frax Bucketdrop.