Thoradin's Wall is a huge wall separating the Arathi Highlands from Hillsbrad Foothills. The wall may have protected Stromgarde and the Arathi Highlands from the invading Scourge, but this was not its original purpose, the wall having existed for many centuries prior to the Third War.
In World of Warcraft, the gigantic wall is heavily damaged. In the Escape from Durnholde Keep instance of the Caverns of Time, the wall is in considerably better condition, but still quite a bit damaged.
World of Warcraft
Many centuries later, the wall was still standing but heavily damaged and in ruins.
Before the Strom
Battle for Azeroth
A battle was fought here between the Horde and the Alliance.
Thoradin's Wall digsite
In the RPG
Thoradin's Wall, an immense edifice on the northern border, was once a symbol of humanity's strength and defensive might. Now, the wall has fallen to decay and war, and it is collapsed and gaping wide.
Notes and trivia
- The damaged Thoradin's Wall used to share the same model with Greymane Wall, before it was updated in Cataclysm.
- In the Escape from Durnholde Keep event in the Caverns of Time, behind the intact wall is still unfinished land containing only discolored land and deformed mountains, as well as a huge ledge from which one can freely fall to their doom.
- The wall is presumably inspired by Hadrian's Wall, the ancient Roman Empire's northernmost boundary in Brittania (now England).
- It is unclear why the wall is in ruins, however, one can assume that time may be responsible, as it was erected more than two thousand years ago. It is possible that the local ogre and troll tribes, or even the Syndicate, may have aggravated it as well.
- The presence of a dwarf archaeology site at the wall might suggest it was built, with at the least the partial assistance, of dwarves, which given they have a base built into the mountain nearby would be a reasonable assumption. This is, however, unlikely, as the dwarves were awakened several hundred years later after its construction. Thus, the dwarves could have worked in the wall repairs in the following years.
|Hillsbrad Foothills||Arathi Highlands||Old Hillsbrad Foothills|