- We can learn much from the elder vine, which threatens with barbs the hand that would trim it back.
Thorns is a Restoration druid honor talent, available at rank 19. It applies a buff on a friendly target that cause enemies to take Nature damage when attacking them.
Tips and tactics
- Thorns will act as a buffer against dispels in PvP, giving enemies a chance to dispel your Thorns instead of some more important buff.
- Thorns can be very useful when being attacked by an enemy that has very low health as they will often die quickly from the Thorns damage without requiring your attention.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-10-26): "Thorns now has a 1 second cooldown between procs."
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now deals 5% of the attacker's total health in Nature damage.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Re-added as an honor talent. Now lasts for 15 seconds, down from 20 seconds.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Beginner tooltip revised to no longer imply the spell could be kept up at all times. In addition, Thorns damage has been reduced by 60%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Duration reduced from 10 minutes to 20 seconds. Damage increased significantly.
- Hotfix (2009-05-22): "The bonus damage from spell power on the Druid ability Thorns has been reduced by half."
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): This spell will now properly use the druid's spell power to determine its scaling instead of the target's spell power.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Mana cost reduced for early ranks, raised for later ranks.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Mana cost and damage increased.