Thousand Needles is a level 40-45 zone for both Alliance and Horde in Southern Kalimdor. Breadcrumbs to the zone come from both Feralas and Dustwallow Marsh.
The chain starts out with a surprise attack by the Grimtotem clan. However, the Grimtotem will have to wait as all of Thousand Needles is underwater after the Cataclysm! Fizzle and Pozzik have hastily had a speedbarge crafted to ride out the flood and are now acting as the center of the rescue effort. Not that much rescuing is happening with the Southsea Freebooters laying siege, a surprise attack by silithid and new, untapped resources being made available in centaur lands...
Once everyone is settled in, or exploited, or killed and resurrected, players are sent to Freewind Post to reclaim it from the Grimtotem. A strange wind serpent keeps appearing, though...
After Freewind has been retaken, players are off to find Magatha Grimtotem herself, who has been captured by the Twilight's Hammer! A few twists and turns await as players unravel the situation to free Magatha.
Fizzle & Pozzik's Speedbarge
-  To New Thalanaar/  To the Summit or  Hero's Call: Thousand Needles!/  Warchief's Command: Thousand Needles! (both optional)
-  The Grimtotem are Coming
-  Two If By Boat
-  Do Me a Favor?
-  Down in the Deeps
- Side quests:  In the Outhouse,  Bar Fight!
-  Pirate Accuracy Increasing
-  Circle the Wagons... er, Boats
After "Round Up the Wagons", three different quest forks open up:
-  Special Delivery for Brivelthwerp
-  The Greatest Flavor in the World! /  We All Scream for Ice Cream... and then Die!
-  Freezing the Pipes /  That Smart One's Gotta Go
-  Where's Wizzle?/  Where's Synge?
-  Sunken Treasure
-  Two-Tusk Takedown
-  Haunted
-  With a Little Help...
-  Carcass Collection
-  The Mad Magus
-  Negotiations
-  Get Zherin!/  Get Koalbeard!
-  Fool's Gold
-  Fake Gold for Black Gold
-  Back to Crazzle/  Back to Riznek
-  Eminent Domain /  Defend the Drill
-  Go Blow that Horn
-  Deliver the Goods
After the Splithoof Heights fork, players are directed to Freewind Post:
-  Free Freewind Post
-  Grimtotem in the Post /  Horn of the Traitor /  Save the Sentinel /  The Brave and the Bold
-  Together Again
- Complete all of:
-  Grimtotem Chiefs: Isha Gloomaxe
-  Grimtotem Chiefs: Elder Stormhoof
-  Grimtotem Chiefs: Grundig Darkcloud
-  Grimtotem Chiefs: The Chief of Chiefs
-  The Rattle of Bones
-  The Writ of History /  The Drums of War
-  The Captive Bride
-  Invoking the Serpent
After freeing Freewind, it's time to solve the Magatha mystery:
-  Trouble at Highperch
-  Free the Pridelings /  Death to all Trappers!
-  Release Heartrazor
-  The Twilight Skymaster
-  On to the Bulwark
-  Something to Wear /  Break Them Out
-  Codemaster's Code /  Behind You!
-  The Elder Crone
-  To the Withering
-  Four Twilight Elements /  Unbound
-  The Doomstone
-  Spread the Word