Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Threat of Thassarian
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
|Threat of Thassarian|
Threat of Thassarian is a passive specialization ability for Frost death knights, available at level 74.
This is a key passive that makes dual wielding viable for death knights. Normally only the main hand weapon is taken in to account for abilities that deal damage based on weapon damage, such as and , severely reducing their damage when dual wielding instead of using a 2-hander. This passive 'fixes' that problem for frost death knights.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed. Effects merged into .
- Hotfix (2013-03-05): "Threat of Thassarian now increases the damage of Frost Strike by 50% (was 40%)."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now given automatically to Frost death knights. No longer affects Rune Strike or Blood Strike, and causes Frost Strike to deal an additional 50% damage when dual wielding.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): Threat of Thassarian now also causes Rune Strike to use both weapons when dual-wielding.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Added.