Thros, the Blighted Lands (quest)
|This article is a quest stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
120 (Requires 120)
- Jaina freed
The Blighted Lands...
If the legends are true then inside we will witness suffering and torment the likes of which we have never known...
...but if that is what I must endure to right what I have wronged, then I will cross that threshold gladly.
Will you join me, <class>?
You will receive:
- 46 80
- 22,310 XP
I'm with you, champion.
Words cannot express the debt I owe you for helping return my daughter to me, but unfortunately the traitor Ashvane has left us no time for celebration.
We must act.
Take the Portal to the Blighted Lands to enter the "Thros, the Blighted Lands" scenario:
Stage 1: The Blighted Lands
- Follow Katherine into Thros, the Blighted Lands.
- Follow Katherine
A vision of Jaina as a child appears:
- Jaina says: It's... all my fault...
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Jaina?!
- Jaina says: No! Stay away!
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Jaina, wait!
Stage 2: Chasing Shadows
- Jaina has fled deeper into the Blighted Lands. Follow her.
- Follow Jaina
- Katherine Proudmoore says: <Name>, we must follow her!
On the way:
- You come across several Kul Tiran Captives, victims of the Heartsbane Coven, hanging from their wrists against large runestones.
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Poor souls... no one should endure this. After we save Jaina, we must find a way to come back for them.
- Passing the stones, a Servant of Thros appears on the path and attacks.
- Servant of Thros yells: Proudmoore's daughter is ours, interloper!
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Not if I have anything to say about it!
The Servant of Thros defeated:
- Servant of Thros yells: Thros... will consume you...
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Jaina is just ahead. We must hurry!
Approach Jaina again:
- Katherine Proudmoore says: It's alright, dear...
- Jaina says: No! You can't help me! No one can help me!
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Wait!
- Jaina splits into three mirror images, which run in different directions before disappearing. Katherine sighs at the setback.
- Katherine Proudmoore says: When Jaina was a child, she used to hide whenever she was frightened or upset.
- Katherine Proudmoore says: I always found her then... and I will not fail her now.
Stage 3: Hide and Seek
- Find Jaina's mirror images, which have hidden throughout the Blighted Lands.
- Images of Jaina found
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Lead the way, <name>.
Off to the west, atJaina is surrounded by Theramore Citizens:
- Theramore Citizen says: You left us to die!
- Theramore Citizen says: You could have stopped him! You could have saved us!
- Jaina says: I failed them... all of them...
- Katherine Proudmoore says: No! Don't listen to them, Jaina!
- Theramore Citizen yells: You will never take our prize!
They turn hostile. Defeat them, then interact with Jaina:
- Katherine walks up and kneels by the image to speak to it then returns to your side.
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Jaina... you were... are... the pride of Kul Tiras. Her power, and her fury...
- Katherine Proudmoore says: ...but even the strongest of us can't save everyone.
- Interacted with, the image vanishes. Katherine turns to you.
- Katherine Proudmoore says: She's gone. The child was only a reflection... an echo of Jaina's suffering.
- Katherine Proudmoore says: We must continue our search.
If you crosson the way north, you will find the corpses of five Kul Tiran Captives on the road.
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Clearly the Drust have no interest in keeping their prisoners alive. We cannot let this fate befall Jaina.
To the north, at Rhonin and two Kirin Tor Invokers are dressing Jaina down:
- Rhonin says: You let your personal biases taint the Kirin Tor!
- Rhonin says: I was a fool to think you could be our leader!
- Jaina says: But... they lied to me...
- Rhonin yells: Your screams will be unending!
- Katherine Proudmoore says: He's not real, Jaina! None of this is!
- Blighted Deciever[sic] says: You will... wish for death...
- Katherine Proudmoore says: My dearest Jaina... reason alone cannot dictate all of your choices.
- Katherine Proudmoore says: If you abandon your feelings, only an empty darkness will remain.
Interact with the echo:
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Another illusion? Jaina must still be trapped nearby.
- Daelin Proudmoore says: You sided with mongrels over your own flesh and blood!
- Katherine Proudmoore says: That voice... Daelin?!
- She turns to you.
- Katherine Proudmoore says: No. It must be another of those creatures tormenting Jaina. Hurry!
To the east, at King Varian Wrynn is staring Jaina down:in a hollow,
- King Varian Wrynn says: You were at my side in the Undercity. We had them cornered! Justice was within my grasp!
- King Varian Wrynn says: I could have ended them all! Sylvanas... Thrall... Think what our world could have been without them and their twisted Horde!
- King Varian Wrynn says: But you... You stayed my blade. How many Alliance soldiers died that day? And in all the battles that followed?
- Jaina says: All because of me...
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Get away from her!
- King Varian Wrynn yells: She belongs to Gorak Tul!
Defeat the deceiver:
- Blighted Deciever says: We will not be denied... our vengeance...
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Seeking an end to bloodshed is a noble pursuit, Jaina.
- Katherine Proudmoore says: I wish your father could have learned that lesson.
Interact with Jaina to continue.
Stage 4: Into the Mirror
- Follow Daelin's voice to locate Jaina's true location.
- Find the real Jaina
- Katherine Proudmoore says: My daughter is here somewhere. Hiding. Suffering.
- Katherine Proudmoore says: We will find her... and free her from this forsaken place.
Head west to find Jaina staring at Daelin Proudmoore:
- Daelin Proudmoore says: You stood and watched as those animals cut me down. What has your betrayal earned you?
- Jaina says: Father... please...
- Daelin Proudmoore says: They took your father... betrayed your king... and you did nothing! Will you abandon all your allies to the Horde?
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Enough! Show us your true form, monster!
- Daelin Proudmoore yells: Insolent fools! She is broken beyond your reach!
- Daelin Proudmoore yells: You will be next!
- Blighted Deciever says: You are... too late...
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Jaina? Is it really you?
Interact with her and a cinematic plays, the Realm of Torment:
- Katherine Proudmoore: There you are...
- Jaina as a child is turned away, sitting on a ruined part of a building, head in her hands and crying.
- Young Jaina: I did everything wrong.
- Katherine gently reaches out to touch Jaina, but just before her hand does so, the girl's body disperses like smoke. Shocked, Katherine looks around as the scenery surrounding her disappears into black and her body is rocked by the entry into Jaina's Realm of Torment. She hears a man's voice.
- Arthas Menethil: We're too late.
- A brief portion of "O Thanagor" plays as Katherine turns to her left and sees Arthas standing on a small rise, staring off into the distance before looking back.
- Arthas Menethil: This entire city must be purged.
- Arthas Menethil: Jaina?
- Katherine follows Arthas's gaze to her right and sees Jaina, looking as she does today, but reenacting her actions from her memories.
- Jaina Proudmoore: I'm sorry Arthas. I can't watch you do this.
- Jaina turns and leaves, her thoughts echoing.
- Jaina Proudmoore: (thinking) We should have stopped him. He never would have turned. He'd still be alive.
- As Katherine reaches towards Jaina, a familiar voice is heard.
- Daelin Proudmore: You have always been naive, my daughter.
- Katherine Proudmoore: Daelin?
- Katherine turns in the direction of her husband's voice and sees the distressed Jaina and the hardened Daelin having an argument by a fountain.
- Jaina Proudmoore: I won't let you do it, father!
- Jaina Proudmoore: (thinking) I should have tried harder.
- Jaina Proudmoore: You don't understand!
- Daelin Proudmoore: I understand more than you suspect, my dear.
- Jaina Proudmoore: (thinking) I wasn't strong enough.
- Daelin Proudmoore: Perhaps in time, you will too.
- Daelin turns away to his left, barking an order.
- Daelin Proudmoore: Seize them all!
- Jaina Proudmoore: (thinking) I should have made him listen.
- Jaina Proudmoore: Father, no!
- Jaina Proudmoore: (thinking) Forgive me.
- The truth sadly dawns on Katherine's face as she realized the circumstances of Daelin's death.
- Katherine Proudmoore: You couldn't save him... from himself.
- Daelin Proudmoore: Do you really think you can cast aside your guilt so easily?
- Daelin's voice roaring around her, Katherine grimaces and clutches her head, gritting her teeth at Jaina's scream. As the scream fades and is replaced with a heart beating slowly, Katherine sees Jaina from behind on her knees, cradling Daelin's corpse in her lap as she cries. His heartbeat slows to a stop.
- Jaina Proudmoore: No. Father... why wouldn't you listen.
- Placing her hand over Daelin's chest, Jaina's thumb and forefinger brush the Proudmoore pendant still hanging around his neck.
- Priscilla Ashvane: Katherine...
- Katherine turns her attention left to Jaina's arrival in Kul Tiras.
- Priscilla Ashvane: Enforce our laws. The punishment for treason... is death.
- Memory Katherine walks forward revealing Katherine in the background, watching the scene with regret.
- Katherine Proudmoore: Do you accept the judgment of your homeland?
- Behind Jaina stands many of those she has lost, including Rhonin, Kinndy Sparkshine, Varian Wrynn, Daelin Proudmoore, and Arthas Menethil.
- Jaina Proudmoore: I accept your judgment... mother.
- Determined, Katherine steps forward and swipes away her memory self to smoke, then reaches out and lifts Jaina's chin. She jerks a little at the contact, her eyes fluttering as if half awake.
- Katherine Proudmoore: My daughter. Forgive me.
- Blinking, Jaina opens her eyes and looks up, surprised to see her mother in front of her.
- Katherine Proudmoore: Forgive your father.
- Jaina turns to look as the men and women behind her fade away, with the exception of Daelin, but for a moment.
- Katherine Proudmoore: And... forgive yourself.
- Katherine reaches back out and caressing her face, turns Jaina back to face her. The color returning to her, Jaina leans her cheek into Katherine's hand as the scene fades to white. A younger Katherine can be heard calling Jaina back in her youth.
- Katherine Proudmoore: Come topside, sweetheart.
- Awakened from her memories, the real Jaina sits where her child self was, back in Thros, Katherine's hand on her pauldron. Raising her head and opening her eyes, she turns to the weight on her shoulder to see her mother, who caresses her face once more before they lean into each other and tightly embrace.
Final Stage: Facing Fate
- Defeat Gorak Tul and escape from the Blighted Lands.
- Escape the Blighted Lands
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Come, daughter. We'll find our way out of here.
- Behind Katherine just outside the circle of stones, Gorak Tul appears!
- Gorak Tul yells: None of you will escape!
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Mother, look out!
- Tul blasts Katherine, knocking her to the ground.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Mother!
- Jaina teleports in between Katherine and Tul and AOE blasts him back. She snarls her response.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: You challenged the wrong family, fiend!
- Tul attacks
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: To arms, <name>!
- Gorak Tul yells: Thros will consume you all! At last I will claim vengeance!
Defeat Gorak Tul:
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: My people defeated your kind once, monster. We will do so again!
- Tul collapses.
- Gorak Tul says: Your hollow victory... means nothing...
- Gorak Tul says: The Drust... will never... relent...
- Dying with his last breath, Tul's corpse fades away. Jaina responds firmly.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: And Kul Tiras will never yield.
- Jaina teleports back to Katherine, who is kneeling.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Mother! Are you alright?
- They stand up together. Katherine just sounds a bit winded.
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Yes... I will be fine.
- Katherine Proudmoore says: We'd better go before more of those... things... arrive.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: It will be a relief to put this place behind me.
- She turns to you.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: <Name>, shall we?
Speak with Jaina:
- I can teleport us out of here when you are ready, <class>.
- Please hurry, I wish to be rid of this place.
I'm ready to leave.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Very well. Come, mother. Time to go home.
- Jaina teleports herself, her mother, and the adventurer out of Thros.
- In front of Proudmoore Keep where they last saw each other, the two Proudmoores stop for a moment to gather themselves.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: It is good to feel the sea air. Thank you, <name>. Without your intervention, I may never have felt it again...
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Now, let me see if I can do this properly this time... Welcome home, daughter.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Mother... I--
- Taelia flies in on Galeheart and hurriedly dismounts.
- Taelia says: Lord Admiral! Ships on the horizon! They're flying Ashvane colors!
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Priscilla has come back for my city...
- Katherine Proudmoore says: <Name>! It seems I am in need of your aid once more.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.