Through the Gates of Hell
85 (Requires 85)
+350 Guardians of Hyjal
- Secure a foothold in the Firelands
There will be time to mourn for Hamuul later. His is the first of many inevitable casualties in this war.... but our attack cannot wait, nor should the momentum we have gained over the last several days be wasted.
The portal atop Nordune Ridge is now open. Our reinforcements are prepared, and they await only my order to pass through the portal.
We will meet again on the other side of the portal. Once there, we shall ensure that our foothold is secure.
Very well done, <class>. We've managed to take a foothold in our enemy's realm without their notice. Our armies are moving to establish a front as we speak.
We have a long, brutal war ahead of us. It is my hope that you'll be around to help us see it through.
You will receive:
- 86750 XP (or 20 67 at max level)
- +350 reputation with Guardians of Hyjal
Fly up to Nordune Ridge, where at is the Portal to the Firelands, which has finally been activated. Take it!
The slaglord has the following ability outside of basic melee:
- Obsidian Devastation — Summons massive Obsidian Spikes to erupt from the ground around the caster, dealing 0 Physical damage and knocking nearby targets back.
The slaglord is fixated upon Malfurion, so unload as it is impossible to pull aggro. Occasionally an Obsidian Monstrosity will join the fight, aggroed upon the player. Kill it, then go back to the Slaglord. Malfurion also channels Tranquility on occasion, healing for roughly 40,000 health a tick.
Once the slaglord is dead, Malfurion runs off:
- Malfurion Stormrage says: Well done. We should be safe for the moment, but we haven't much time.
He runs into the Sentinel Tree off to the left. Follow him and speak to him to continue.
- Malfurion starts a channel.
- Malfurion Stormrage says: With this seed, we set root. With time and attention, we should be able to grow shelter from this charred, hostile realm.
- Malfurion Stormrage says: Here we will hold firm against the onslaught of the elements.
- Malfurion Stormrage says: Here we will draw the attention of Ragnaros' army so that others might strike at the heart of his realm.
- Malfurion walks outside. The breach is under siege!
- Malfurion Stormrage says: And now, the war begins.
Three dailies open up from Rayne Feathersong and General Taldris Moonfall, on either side of Malfurion's position outside the tree. Captain Irontree also offers a daily quest. Head out on those four. When returning to the breach, the phase has advanced slightly. Malfurion now also offers the opportunity to recruit the Druids of the Talon and the Shadow Wardens to the fight. Gather 150 Marks of the World Tree and it will be possible to unlock that faction's quests.
Back at the Sanctuary of Malorne, Matoclaw offers . Shockingly, Hamuul did not die in Leyara's attack. Additionally, another daily quest is up at the sanctuary as well.
- Malfurion offers the opportunity to recruit other factions after Through the Gates of Hell:
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Added.