|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
Although Thrown weapons never used ammo (which was removed in 4.0.1), there has been different attempts at making thrown weapons "limited" in a similar manner to how the usage of a gun was limited to the number of bullets the player had. Among the ways Throw-weapons have functioned are:
- Charges: Often, a purchased common-quality weapon would have 200 charges, losing one charge each time the player threw it.
- Durability: The weapon would use its own durability as "charges", losing one point of durability each time the player threw it. It could thus be "recharged" by repairing it.
- Invulnerability: Current thrown weapons have no durability, no charges, and does not suffer any kind of reduction or damage when being used.
- The rogue-abilities and requires an equipped thrown weapon.
- A Rogue can apply poisons to his/her thrown weapon, which gives the weapon the ability to apply the damage and/or debuff caused by the selected poison. The proper poison coupled with Fan of Knives is a Rogue's main method of generating AoE-damage.
Warriors can make use of a few thrown weapons.
- Some have strength on them, most being intended for DPS-Warriors.
Hunters are no longer able to use thrown, but benefited stat-wise from most thrown weapons when they could (as Hunters use many of the stats also used by Rogues). However, they had little use for them as thrown weapons occupy the same equipment slot as bows, guns, and crossbows which serve as the primary weapons for a Hunter. This is due to how Shooting differs from Throwing.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Thrown items removed.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Now have durability.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Hunters no longer can equip Thrown items.
- ^ http://www.wowhead.com/items=2.16?filter=cr=21;crs=1;crv=0 Wowhead → Database → Items → Weapons → Thrown → Filter by Agility
- ^ http://www.wowhead.com/items=2.16?filter=cr=20;crs=1;crv=0 Wowhead → Database → Items → Weapons → Thrown → Filter by Strength
- ^ http://www.wowhead.com/items=2.16?filter=cr=45;crs=1;crv=0 Wowhead → Database → Items → Weapons → Thrown → Filter by Dodge
- ^ http://www.wowhead.com/items=2.16?filter=cr=46;crs=1;crv=0 Wowhead → Database → Items → Weapons → Thrown → Filter by Parry