||This article is a strategy stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- Give general, not personal, strategies. You may want to review information from fansites with raiding guides.
- For his biography, see Tichondrius.
||Former leader of the nathrezim
Tichondrius is a dreadlord boss located in the Nighthold.
The dreadlord Tichondrius, once leader of the nathrezim, was once slain by the newly-awakened power of none other than Illidan Stormrage. Reconstituted in the Twisting Nether, Tichondrius returns to watch over Gul'dan on behalf of the Legion, ensuring that the orc warlock does not once again fail his masters.
Tichondrius wields foul carrion magic, unleashing waves of chaos and pestilence to assault the raid. As the fight progresses, Tichondrius periodically uses Illusionary Night to trap all players in an illusion, within which they may find some respite if they can endure his Carrion Nightmare assault for 30 sec.
- Carefully position to avoid spreading Carrion Plague.
- Quickly kill Phantasmal Bloodfangs and obtain [Essence of Night] while trapped in the Illusionary Night.
- Coordinate Brand of Argus detonations to avoid lethal raidwide damage.
- Players with Carrion Plague take sustained damage until the debuff can fade during Illusionary Night.
- Position for and quickly dispel Burning Soul.
- Tanks suffer significant damage from Tichondrius' nightborne allies.
- Position nightborne and Legion minions outside of Vampiric Aura.
- Avoid taking multiple stacks of Feast of Blood.
Stage One: Lord of the Nathrezim
- Carrion Plague — Tichondrius corrupts several random players, inflicting 201600 Shadow damage every second for 40 sec. In Mythic difficulty, this effect increases the damage taken from Seeker Swarm by 1,000%.
- Seeker Swarm — Tichondrius unleashes a wave of chaotic magic at all players afflicted with Carrion Plague. This effect inflicts 630000 Shadow damage to all players in a line towards each target. In addition, this effect applies Carrion Plague to all players hit. In Mythic difficulty, this effect only hits the player closest to Tichondrius in the path of Seeker Swarm.
- Brand of Argus — Tichondrius marks several players with a deadly brand for the remainder of the fight. If a marked player is ever within 6 yards of a clump of their allies, the brand is removed, causing a violent explosion. This effect inflicts 1520640 Fire damage to all players within 200 yards. The damage of Brand of Argus is reduced the further players are away from the source of the explosion. In Mythic difficulty, Flames of Argus erupt under each player that triggers Brand of Argus.
- Flames of Argus — The Flames of Argus erupt from the ground under all players that trigger Brand of Argus for 1 min. This effect inflicts 150000 Fire damage every 0.5 sec to all players within the targeted area.
- Vampiric Aura — Tichondrius' allies within 30 yards are healed for 700% of their damage dealt by melee attacks.
- Feast of Blood — Tichondrius marks a player, increasing their Physical damage taken by 15% and summoning 3 Tainted Bloods that fixate the target. In addition, this effect increases the effects of Vampiric Aura by 300%.
- Tainted Blood — Tainted Blood fixates the target of Feast of Blood until it is killed.
- Echoes of the Void — Tichondrius calls on the void, inflicting 121887 to 123113 Shadow damage every 0.5 sec for 8 sec. The damage of this effect increases with each tick. As the void is torn open, 4 Fel Spires form throughout the room. Each spire absorbs the damage from Echoes of the Void for each player behind it until it is destroyed.
Stage Two: Shadow of Terror
- Illusionary Night — Tichondrius dissolves into bats, trapping all players in a horrific illusion for 30 sec. In Mythic difficulty, players without the Essence of Night when Illusionary Night ends are instantly killed.
- Carrion Nightmare — Tichondrius forms in the illusion, inflicting 1810900 to 1829100 Shadow damage in a line, stunning all players hit for 3 sec.
- Phantasmal Bloodfang — Phantasmal Bloodfangs continuously form in the illusion at an increasing rate.
- Essence of Night — As Phantasmal Bloodfangs die, an Essence of Night is created. This effect increases all damage and healing by 30% as long as players are within the Illusionary Night. In addition, mana regeneration is increased by 2%. This effect persists for 30 sec after exiting the illusion.
- The Nightborne — When Tichondrius exits the Illusionary Night for the first time, he begins to call the Nightborne to aid him.
- Felsworn Spellguard
- Rapid Pursuit — Movement speed increased by 15% for the remainder of the fight. This effect stacks.
- Volatile Wound — Strikes an enemy with Arcane energy, inflicting 597000 to 603000 Arcane damage and increasing all damage taken by 5% for 8 sec. This effect stacks. When Volatile Wound expires, a Nether Zone is created.
- Nether Zone — A chaotic void of Arcane magic that inflicts 550000 Arcane damage every second to all players within the targeted area.
- Nightborne Wizard
- Temporal Orb — Summons an orb of chaotic magic that moves out from the caster. As the orb travels it inflicts 348250 to 351750 Arcane damage every 0.3 sec to all players it passes through.
- Blast Nova — Unleashes a wave of energy that inflicts 1119375 to 1130625 Arcane damage to all players within 12 yards.
- The Legion — When Tichondrius exits the Illusionary Night for the second time, he begins to call the Legion to aid him.
- Wrathguard Dreadblade
- Blade Rush — Charges to a random player's location and casts Fel Storm.
- Fel Storm — Instantly attacks all players within 8 yards for 8 sec, inflicting 452725 to 457275 Fire damage.
- Sightless Watcher
- Burning Soul — Burns a random healer's soul, inflicting 350000 Fire damage every second for 30 sec. In addition, this effect drains 77000 Mana every second. When this effect is removed, it explodes inflicting 820875 to 829125 Fire damage to allies within 8 yards.
- Ring of Shadows — Encircles the caster in a ring of souls that inflicts 125000 Shadow damage to all players within 10-20 yards every 0.5 sec.
Please add any available information to this section.
- Incompetent mortal filth! These Nightborne can't even defend their own palace from invasion! If it were up to me...
- Ah, but I suppose we will reward our "allies" soon enough. Until then, I'll amuse myself by cleaning up their mess!
- You think getting past a few power-addled elves means you can stand against a true son of the Legion?
- Never trust a mortal to do a demon's work!
- Carrion Plague
- Fester and die!
- Feast of Blood
- Feed my hunger, wretch!
- Call Underlings
- Underlings! Get in here!
- Show these pretenders how to fight!
- Echoes of the Void
- The light has abandoned you!
- Witness your end!
- Illusionary Night
- Pathetic! You're putting me to sleep. Here, let me return the favor!
- Killed a player
- Be thankful you died fast!
- Another twig for the kindling!
- Such a predictable demise.
- Laughable! As if you had a prayer of stopping the ritual...
- Impossible! You are... inferior...
- But I... was suppose to... win...
- Archmage Khadgar yells: In the Third War, Tichondrius fell in battle against Illidan Stormrage. I think the demon hunter's spirit is pleased that the dreadlord has met another painful end.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-03-17): "
- Health reduced by 10% on Normal difficulty.
- Enrage timer increased by 60 seconds on Normal difficulty."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.
- Tichondrius's line "Underlings! Get in here!" may be a reference to the Grim Patron card from Hearthstone, which yells "Everyone! Get in here!" when its effect summons another Patron to the board.