We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
- A time increment used for over time effects (Channeling, DoT, HoT, etc.):
- 1 tick is every time the spell's overtime effect happens. Many effects tick once every two seconds, but not all.
- The bronze drake Tick guarding the Caverns of Time together with and .
In real life
Used to describe time increments, a tick can have a few meanings:
- From Jargon at Speechcode.com: Interval of time; basic clock time on the computer. Typically 1/60 second. See http://www.speechcode.com/jargon/jargon.info.Jiffy.html JIFFY].
- From Wikipedia: In computing, the duration of one tick of the system timer interrupt. Typically, this time is 0.01 seconds.
Note: 1/60 = 0,01(6).