The Tidemother is a being worshiped by the tidesages. Most people on Kul Tiras look to the seas for guidance the same way others look to the Light, but the tidesages have a much deeper connection with the water. Long have the tidesages listened to the sea to guide their ships and their people, gentle whispers imperceptible to most. But in recent times, the voices changed, becoming demanding and even violent. This led to the corruption of Lord Stormsong, the Tidesage Council and many other followers, and their fall to the Void.
The magical wards Tidemother's Wrath, Tidemother's Pride, and Tidemother's Radiance that guard the Shrine of the Storm were said to be gifts from the sea itself. They long protected Kul Tiran flagships against even the fiercest storms, but since the tidesages settled in Stormsong Valley, they have instead kept the Shrine safe.
- has a trait ability called . Sharas'dal previously belonged to Queen Azshara.
- The Deep Mother was a similar character from the non-canon RPG, worshiped by murlocs.
- The Tidemother may be a water elemental since her followers are described as listening to the sea, or perhaps a kraken given all the kraken imagery in Kul Tiran and tidesage architecture.
- She may also be an aquatic Wild God, or a goddess such as Oacha'noa, who called humans to her nearby territory.
- She may be Queen Azshara, or rather Azshara may have been impersonating the Tidemother since the tidesages claim that the Tidemother's voice changed recently, causing the corruption of Lord Stormsong and others. Her new whispers are not to be listened to. Interestingly, Azshara's elementals seem to be named after the three wards protecting the Shrine of the Storm.
- She may simply be the Spirit of Water as identified by humans who were unfamiliar with shamanism.