We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Tier 9 is the armor set associated with the Crusaders' Coliseum, which was released in patch 3.2. Awarded by the Argent Crusade, tier 9 is designed to ready players for the crusade's eventual march on Icecrown Citadel.
- ____ of Conquest: item level 232, purchased with gold.
- ____ of Triumph: item level 245, purchased with from 25-player mode (all bosses) and gold.
No matter which level of tier 9 is worn, all pieces count toward the same set bonuses. Each faction has their own flavor of the items, they are functionally identical, but have different artwork and names.
At the Crusaders' Coliseum, the following vendors sell tier 9 armor:
You can also find tier 9 armor sold in Dalaran by merchants who sell that particular armor type.
in the Vault of Archavon drops level 232 hand and leg armor in 10 player mode and level 245 hand and leg armor in 25 player mode.
- Unlike previous or future sets, where 10-man/25-man or normal/heroic versions had a unique color, Tier 9 have the same model and color for all versions but differ only between Alliance and Horde.
- Some classes use a recolor of other classes. For example, Alliance T9 for Death Knight, Paladin, Warrior are recolors of the same model.
- This tier set has sometimes been noted as being boring to look at and generic, but these pieces are not supposed to look like relics; they are rewards from an organized tournament.
- In addition to having different appearances depending on faction, each set is named from an important lore figure of that faction:
- Death knight sets are named after and
- Druid sets are named after and
- Hunter sets are named after Alleria or and
- Mage sets are named after and the Sunstrider dynasty
- Paladin sets are named after and
- Priest sets are named after and
- Rogue sets are named after and
- Shaman sets are named after and
- Warlock sets are named after and
- Warrior sets are named after the House of Wrynn and Grom or
- Before patch 4.0.3a, Heroic Triumph sets were sold by and for , , and .
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Heroic Triumph versions removed.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): These sets are now bought with to replace Emblem of Triumphs.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Added.