Tiffin Ellerian Wrynn
|Affiliation(s)||Kingdom of Stormwind, House of Wrynn|
|Occupation||Queen consort of Stormwind|
|Location||Buried at the Stormwind City Cemetery|
|Relative(s)||Varian Wrynn (husband),
Anduin Wrynn (son),
Ellerian noble family
- “Fair and just, a wit as quick as her smile. May the Light inherit your warmth, for our world grows cold in your absence.”
- — Queen Tiffin's memorial plaque
Tiffin belonged to the Ellerian noble family of Stormwind, a small house that only had a small chunk of land in Westfall. Her marriage was arranged at birth in order to give her family a place in the Stormwind House of Nobles. While she and Varian initially disliked each other, they eventually became inseparable. Tiffin helped Varian control his occasional anger issues and taught him economics, while Varian helped teach Tiffin about politics and social etiquette.
She eventually came to be beloved by the people, and was the strongest supporter of paying the Stonemasons' Guild the initially agreed-upon sum. Sadly, she was killed by a rock thrown during the Guild's riots, an event which drove Varian into a deep depression. The effects of her death were felt keenly throughout the entire city. Varian vowed to punish those responsible and dealt with the rioters more severely. The Stonemasons, fleeing the city, hid in the rural areas of Westfall to escape prosecution. Knowing Varian's anger would never fade, many were forced to remain in hiding.
Tiffin Ellerian Wrynn
Queen of Stormwind
Fair and just, a wit as quick as her smile.
May the Light inherit your warmth, for
our world grows cold in your absence.
Notes & trivia
- Right after her death, Varian tasked Archbishop Benedictus with finding the key to her locket. He would eventually find it and gave it to Varian during a Remembrance Day after the Cataclysm. The locket ended up with Anduin.
- There is an Alliance flagship named Spirit of Tiffin.
- In Anduin's quarters hangs only one picture: a portrait of Tiffin holding Anduin when he was a baby.
- The item obtained by finishing the daily fishing quest in Stormwind may be related to her death.
- Stormrage (Year 27) mentions that Tiffin died during a riot almost 13 years ago, which would be Year 15 - the same year Anduin was born. It corresponds with The Comic, where she holds the small baby while being hit by a rock. It also corresponds with World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 3 which mentions her death under Year 15 as well.
- An unused in-game model was added for her in patch 7.0.1.
- ^ Blood of Our Fathers, pg. 6
- ^ a b Ask CDev#Ask CDev Answers - Round 1
- ^ World of Warcraft: The Comic, issues: Blood & Flashback
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 3, page 36
- ^ Wolfheart, chapter 22
- ^ Stormrage, pg. ??
- ^ Blood of Our Fathers, pg. 6-7
- ^ The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
- ^ Stormrage, chapter 10