- “The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
- — Mount Journal entry for
Time is a progression of instants. This movement is ordinarily perceived by mortals as regular and determinant, functioning much like a clockwork; yet perception does not dictate reality: time is chaotic, always in flux, and completely malleable, flowing like the sands of an hourglass. Without the truth of time as it is meant to unfold, the fabric of reality will unravel.
- “Lost time is never found again. Oh, never mind I found it.”
- — 
Rarely, the essence of time can become crystallized to form an : golden mineral matter that radiates the weight of ages. To form, this mineral requires rapid passage through the eras. Its presence indicates that the place or the being in which the stone is found may not exist in one time at all, but shift rapidly from timeway to timeway.
Chronomancy is the art of weaving time. Time magic is a young field of research. This discipline falls under the school of Transmutation, allowing the deceleration of events (through or ), the acceleration of events (through ), or the opening of temporal portals and the repairing of damaged timeways, among other possibilities.
Modifying divination magic with temporal magic can allow one to see across time.
Empowered by 's cosmic powers, the dragon and his flight were enabled to guard time itself and police the ever-spinning pathways of fate and destiny. All who seeked to disrupt the timestream flow faced the Great Aspect and his brood's Keepers of Time.
Time is meaningless inside the Dream. As a result, the green dragonflight, which spends the majority of its time in the Dream, is extremely long-lived. Ysera's consorts in particular almost never emerge from the Dream and are effectively immortal, as are all other permanent denizens in the Dream.
Fel energy and the Twisting Nether
When the orcs entered the Nether they journeyed through time and space from another world and into Azeroth. A spell that would cast one into the past was hardly that much different.
Time passes differently deep inside the Twisting Nether, and it is impossible to tell whether days, years, or centuries have passed. and Alleria have fought in the Nether for a thousand years from their perspective, while on Azeroth it has been only a few decades.
Immortal creatures essentially stop aging when they reach adulthood, and thus, they cannot die merely from old age.This section contains information taken from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game and expansion sets which is considered non-canon.
Aided by the Spirit of Air, a shaman may be able to see faraway objects or events, whether the distance be physical or temporal.
After the Aspects' lost of power following the fall of , the bronze dragons required mortal help to police the timeways. Vowing to protect them at any cost, the Keepers of Time reformed themselves as the Timewalkers, a new faction comprised of both dragons and mortals.
The Vision of Time was an hourglass created by with the Epoch Stones from the Timeless Isle and Sands of Time from the Hourglass of Time. During Garrosh's trial in Pandaria, Kairoz smashed the hourglass to bring Garrosh to Year -4 of an alternate universe Draenor. The Vision of Time and its shards can also be used to see through time by those without any particular knowledge of chronomancy.
|This section is a lore stub.|
Notes & trivia
- had the gift of true visioning and all he had seen would come to pass.
- has the ability to see possible futures.
- The Burning Legion and the Old Gods burn holes in the fabric of the future.
- The demon lord arrived in alternate Draenor, reaching across space and time, to ensure that the invasion of Azeroth proceeded as planned, and that Gul'dan did not fail his Legion masters.
- ^ a b c The Last Guardian
- ^ a b Quest:The Caverns of Time
- ^ Golden, Christie. "Chapter 21", Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, 286. ISBN 978-1439-19663-2.
- ^ Mount Journal entry for
- ^ Hellscream, 3, 5.
- ^ a b Golden, Christie. "Chapter 7", War Crimes, 124 (ebook). ISBN 978-1451-68448-3.
- ^ a b Weaver Belmaril#Quotes
- ^ The Schools of Arcane Magic - Transmutation
- ^ Grubb, Jeff. "Chapter 6", The Last Guardian, 143 (ebook). ISBN 978-0-6710-4151-9.
- ^ Brood of Nozdormu#Background
- ^ WoW Website - Game Guide - Factions - Keepers of Time
- ^ The Warcraft Encyclopedia/Emerald Dream
- ^ The Well of Eternity pg. 498
- ^ A Thousand Years of War
- ^ The Warcraft Encyclopedia/Immortals
- ^ http://www.wowcards.info/card/legion/en/98/Sentry-Totem
- ^ a b Dave Kosak on Twitter
- ^ WoW TCG - Takara, Timewalker Warlord
- ^ War Crimes, chapter 4
- ^ Hellscream
- ^ Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, 303-305
- ^ a b Prophet's Lesson
- ^ Adventure Guide entry for Archimonde